Gauge Needle Fade >

Gauge Needle Fade

Notices

Gauge Needle Fade

Old 10-13-2017, 07:50 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 556 Posts

No not true....there used to be two Gaffrigs...one was in Grayslake the other was in Elk Grove i believe (they have moved out to Huntley now) Im not sure as to the hows and whys, but they went through a legal battle over the name and thus Livorsi was born after they lost...Now i'm not sure if the Gaffrig line was made by Autometer...but i do know that the Gaffrigs by Livorsi stuff was made by them back back in the late 90's early 2000's because you can look on the very edge of the gauge under the bezel and see in tiny print "made by Autometer" As to who makes the gauges now i don't know as i haven't bought any in quite some time from either one...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-13-2017, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
No not true....there used to be two Gaffrigs...one was in Grayslake the other was in Elk Grove i believe (they have moved out to Huntley now) Im not sure as to the hows and whys, but they went through a legal battle over the name and thus Livorsi was born after they lost...Now i'm not sure if the Gaffrig line was made by Autometer...but i do know that the Gaffrigs by Livorsi stuff was made by them back back in the late 90's early 2000's because you can look on the very edge of the gauge under the bezel and see in tiny print "made by Autometer" As to who makes the gauges now i don't know as i haven't bought any in quite some time from either one...

I never understood the whole Gaffrig/Livorsi thing, that's right I forgot Gaffrig is in Huntley. So there was 2 separate companies. I'm assuming one the made flame arrestors and sea strainers, and the other gauges. That explains why the Gaffrig stuff looks exactly like the Livorsi stuff. I thought I read on here somewhere, that Originally they were the same company and then there was a fight between two brothers and the name needed to be changed.