Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
having trouble, new motor, boat doesnt agree with >

having trouble, new motor, boat doesnt agree with

Notices

having trouble, new motor, boat doesnt agree with

Old 10-22-2017, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The hole in the back of the drive where the shaft with the rubber bushings goes through is round not oval?
Old 10-22-2017, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 4 blade isnt worse slip ,it slips less but can still spin it at will the main problrm runnin 4 blade is the stern lift , it pushes bow down and cant over come this even with trimmin he** out of it.... too much boat in water... 5 blade doesnt slip much at all but like i said only tried one and it was heavy cupped and seen 64- 65 5000 rpm didnt see the speed i would like bit yet didnt mess with 5 blade too much, sorry iam slow guys, just measured were shower comes thru cavition plate sticks down about 1/2 in cant see that doimg it especially since its been on there for years
Old 10-22-2017, 06:54 PM
Registered

A 4 blade isnt worse slip ,it slips less but can still spin it at will the main problrm runnin 4 blade is the stern lift , it pushes bow down and cant over come this even with trimmin he** out of it.... too much boat in water... 5 blade doesnt slip much at all but like i said only tried one and it was heavy cupped and seen 64- 65 5000 rpm didnt see the speed i would like bit yet didnt mess with 5 blade too much, sorry iam slow guys, just measured were shower comes thru cavition plate sticks down about 1/2 in cant see that doimg it especially since its been on there for years
Old 10-22-2017, 06:58 PM
Registered

I doubt that you are getting stern lift from the 4 blade prop. You have to be surfacing the prop to get stern lift. As the blade enters the water again as it goes over the top it pushes up on the drive. More blades means more lift. More cup in the prop = more transom lift.
The higher the X the more lift.
I had to cut the bell off on my prop to lessen the transom lift. IT WAS A VERY noticeable improvement on my boat.

Last edited by Tinkerer; 10-22-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bet u clutch is going bad ,,
Old 10-22-2017, 07:00 PM
Registered

Tinkerer i beleave your asking about the holeas and shaft were the trim cylinders mount they are round with the tapered rubber bushingsto mount the cylimders
Old 10-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Registered

The weight didn't change, The drive and prop didn't change. Adding HP wouldn't change getting on plane if you were easing into it.
something else has changed.
Do you store the boat outside?
any chance it has taken on weight somehow? water in areas you can't see.
What you are saying it sounds to me like you added weight to the bow somehow.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Registered

I appreciate the post but if clutch was bad i would have same if not worse problem runnin a 5 blade and the 5 blade gripped well was just slow, took off like crazy tho, i can only describe what is happening i dont know y the 4 blade makes it nose down i thiught because it caused stern lift , i could be wrong on y its happening but iam not wrong on whats happening thx
Old 10-22-2017, 07:14 PM
Registered

I understand y u think that, boat stays out of water , stored winter inside barn, outside during summer in driveway with cockpit and bow to stern cover on it, with nose in the air and plig out after each use,i live 2 blocks from lake st.clair in michigan, motor built by dynamic speed and marine, boater my whole life but first boat with any power to talk about, just givin you guys background not sayin anything negative, since weve been talking bsck and fourth ive been out to boat with flashlite 3 times lol, thx
Old 10-22-2017, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

I tried a cleaver type prop once, boat popped right on plane, but had no bow lift whatsoever, boat bowsteered scarey...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.