Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
having trouble, new motor, boat doesnt agree with >

having trouble, new motor, boat doesnt agree with

Notices

having trouble, new motor, boat doesnt agree with

Old 10-22-2017, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The clever on mine got on plane alright too but speed sucked and the boat never freed up felt like it was stuck to water similar to the 4 blade props ivr tried, i just went back out to garage and the prop that my prop guy wants me to use is the Apollo michigzn wheel 23 3 blade 14 5/8 dia. , he has what he calls a positive 12 cup in it and he said thats max, but it has those holes in it at the base were exhaust helps the prop slip to get on plane faster , tge mirages i run dont have these and i definetly have the power to push this boat good and get on plane good if i could get traction
Old 10-22-2017, 07:29 PM
Registered

I thought i would need a 4 blade so i tried all the ones i listed in june havent recently tried one been working with prop guy on this apollo which iam beginning to hate because its just not working the mirages were better but still blew them off at will but not as bad as apollo, iam not sure what to do a couple people said to put drive spacers on to lower it down more but cant see how that will help gettin on plane better, maybe better control top end maybe
Old 10-22-2017, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

I know noone running michigan wheels.

I Believe I remember a general rule of thumb on 3 to 4 blades, that the bravo 1 4 blade is similar in lift to a mirage and the rev 4 similar to a mirage plus. The regular mirage is usually a hair faster than a plus but the plus has more bow lift.

A lot of people have stated the hydromotive 4 blade is hard to plane on but can be fast.

Toss the Apollo, try something tried and true. Though I do believe you have a bigger problem that the prop.

Where are you in michigan?
Old 10-22-2017, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 445 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Conquest 230
The clever on mine got on plane alright too but speed sucked and the boat never freed up felt like it was stuck to water similar to the 4 blade props ivr tried, i just went back out to garage and the prop that my prop guy wants me to use is the Apollo michigzn wheel 23 3 blade 14 5/8 dia. , he has what he calls a positive 12 cup in it and he said thats max, but it has those holes in it at the base were exhaust helps the prop slip to get on plane faster , tge mirages i run dont have these and i definetly have the power to push this boat good and get on plane good if i could get traction
I'm not a prop guy but those holes are probably hurting you. Can you plug them to try?
Old 10-22-2017, 07:49 PM
Registered

Iam in Algonac just down the road from the sunsation factory, ive talked to wayne about it early in summer but havent seen him since ive ran more props and got more information, in fact borrowed his alignment tool to do mine, i agree with ditching the apollo never liked it from start prop guy kinda pushed for it, i can get on plane it just shouldnt be that hard , i have to feather the hell out of it until 3000 to 3500 before i can poor any power to it , hell my cousins 27 fever with a high x dimension is beating me on plane cause i have to feather it so much. Man was he pissed when i passed him on the big end though lol
Old 10-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Does the prop you had with the 454 get on plane the same with the 502? but the RPM is too high.
Or does that prop blow out too?
Old 10-22-2017, 07:53 PM
Registered

Boats up foe winter now but ive got to ditch that prop anyway, the other 3 blades have done better then that apollo anyway, hoping someone has had similar problem that has over come it
Old 10-22-2017, 07:55 PM
Registered

That same 21 p mirage blows out just like the rest with new motor and rpm way too high jist like you would expect
Old 10-22-2017, 07:56 PM
Registered

So in answer to your question no it doesnt, it acts just like the rest due with new motor
Old 10-22-2017, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Your not going to want to hear this but something else changed.
adding HP won't change getting on plane if you are using no more than the original engines HP. ( easing it on plane )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.