Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Holley Sniper EFI >

Holley Sniper EFI

Notices

Holley Sniper EFI

Old 11-13-2017, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wondered the same thing...I have talked to a couple people that tried the FITEC and seems to be a crapshoot, some worked some did not so ???
Old 11-13-2017, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ezstriper
wondered the same thing...I have talked to a couple people that tried the FITEC and seems to be a crapshoot, some worked some did not so ???
After looking into them.The fitech wont lock a tune so if you get any mosture on the o2 you are just outta luck.

With the sniper as long as you locate the o2 sensor where it gets good feedback and stays dry long enough to get a good tune you could lock it so even if the o2s get wet it still runs good.
I think mercruiser does this on there mfi's
Old 11-13-2017, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Warship2k15
After looking into them.The fitech wont lock a tune so if you get any mosture on the o2 you are just outta luck.

With the sniper as long as you locate the o2 sensor where it gets good feedback and stays dry long enough to get a good tune you could lock it so even if the o2s get wet it still runs good.
I think mercruiser does this on there mfi's
Merc does a chit ton of closed loop testing across all conditions, takes the richest map, fattens it up even further, and applies it to all production units. A great advantage of making your own map and locking it in is it will be tailored to your own engine and conditions.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think in stock type engine as long as you can get a 02 to live should be a great setup...looked into the FITECH but seems that is hit or miss...some work great others a nightmare
Old 11-18-2017, 09:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,268 Likes on 1,463 Posts

I picked these up about a month ago, guess I'll be learning the Holley EFI..........probably run my carbs next yr. then switch it all out
Attached Thumbnails Holley Sniper EFI-20171015_173934_resized.jpg  
Old 11-18-2017, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
I think in stock type engine as long as you can get a 02 to live should be a great setup...looked into the FITECH but seems that is hit or miss...some work great others a nightmare
The FITECH are a really slick setup. I just wish they would either allow you to lock in a tune or they would make a version without the internal computer that would just act like a really nice TBI unit that a person could wire to Holley, MEFI, etc. computers.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going down the same road as the OP.

Stumbled across this. martincoadvertising.com/oxygen-sensor-adapter-for-marine-water-jacketed-exhaust-manifolds/

sorry, I'm not allowed to post a link until I have 10 posts, but you get the point.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
I picked these up about a month ago, guess I'll be learning the Holley EFI..........probably run my carbs next yr. then switch it all out
Can you tell me the model number of that manifold and the fuel injection kit, that has the injectors in the manifold? All I see are the holleys with the injectors in the throttle body area.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,268 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Originally Posted by turbos230
Can you tell me the model number of that manifold and the fuel injection kit, that has the injectors in the manifold? All I see are the holleys with the injectors in the throttle body area.
Kit part # PART# 550-830 .............HP ecm, 1000 cfm TB rectangle port ..........mine have the ID-1000 injectors

the holley kits come with no injectors, you need to size them to your build
Old 12-02-2017, 03:21 AM
Registered

Late response, but I contacted Holley tech line and their response:

Thanks for contacting Holley Tech Service. One of the benefits of using any Holley EFI system is that it self learns and tunes on its own. In order to do this, it heavily relies on proper O2 sensor placement. In order for it to work as designed the O2 sensor has to be installed in a dry exhaust system and needs to be placed 1-10in from the collector in the headers. One of the biggest reasons none of our EFI systems are USCG approved is because most marine applications have a wet exhaust system which will prevent the system from working as it is designed to do. In closing, as long as you can install the O2 sensor per the instructions and you have a 100% dry exhaust system then there is no reason why the Sniper wont work. However, seeing as the Sniper EFI was not designed to be put on a marine application then I cannot recommend using the system on your boat. The only real safety concern is if the return line or the feed line develop a leak then you could run into a serious fire hazard.
So basically, watch the placement of the O2 sensor and the fuel lines and this should work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.