Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers?

Any opinions on Eddie Marine EMI Thunder header? Thanks in advance, 88 MACH 1
Old 10-22-2002, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

88 Mach,

I know of some guys running the Eddie Marine EMI cast aluminum manifolds. They do make more power over the stock Merc cast iron exhaust manifolds and are much lighter as well. However, ALL the Mercs and some styles of the Eddie Marine manifolds have like a 2.5 inch collector with several 90* bends which really narrows down the exhaust flow. This is also where the water is introduced into the exhaust pipe and mixes with the exhaust gases. This isn't really the best system if you're looking for more power and performance. I think Eddie Marine offers it this way so that a person can still use the existing stock Merc exhaust hose that will fit the Eddie Marine collect that is identical to the Merc. The difference between the Eddie Marine and the Merc exhaust system is that the Eddie Marine manifolds have a different design within the manifold itself. The primary exhaust tubes are seperated more vs the stock Merc maniflolds which translates into more power. However, if the collector size was more like 3.5 inches or larger vs the stock 2.5 inche size; you would see even more power because the engine is capable of breathing much better. Eddie Marine may offer a style of manifold with a bigger collector, but will probably require a different tail pipe (or riser). Otherwise, Stainless Marine offers a good one the would work well for you with the bigger collector size---plus you can get them with jacketed stainless steel tailpipes in dry stack form. Plus they have a better "elbow" riser design over the Merc which makes a smoother transition from the manifold to the collector/tailpipe. But like I said; Eddie Marine may offer something like this too.

The thing you want to stay away from are the 90* bends and small 2.5" diameter collectors. Hope this has helped a little.

Last edited by KAAMA; 10-22-2002 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Registered

Default KAAMA

Thanks for the info.....very complete........LOL. Thanks again, 88 MACH 1
Old 10-22-2002, 10:42 PM
Registered

Hey 88,

I just ordered a set of CMI's with the silent choice system. I'll let ya know how they turn out. I've heard nothing but good about these.

Mongo
Old 10-23-2002, 05:24 PM
Registered

Dang! Kaama ...think you could elaborate on that a bit....

now thats results..!! for what it is worth I just fit up an Stainless Marine system....I'm very happy with it ...fit, finish , and advice from Brownie at thier shop..hard to say about any gains as I added new power at the same time...
Old 10-23-2002, 07:43 PM
Registered

Stailess Marine headers look really nice but kinda pricy. Any opinions on Keith Eickert's or Gil Marine?
Old 10-23-2002, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Gils are good because they have well designed primaries within the manifold itself. Plus the Gils have a better elbow/riser design which helps it breath much better than the stock Mercs do.

The K Eickerts are probably one of the best if not THE best exhaust manifolds around. Though it may not be the most attractive exhaust manifold out there, they give about the best power---power that is supposed to be equal to even the top tubluar headers out there.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:47 PM
Registered

Default KAAMA?

Do you know a web address for K. Eickert headers? Thanks in advance, 88 Mach 1
Old 10-25-2002, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 259 Posts

Take a look at the new Dana Marine Products Headers. Anyone else seen these or tried them?
Old 10-25-2002, 08:55 AM
Registered

Default K-E e-mail

www.keith-eikert.com --- Anyone got the e-address for Dana? --- Jer

Quick Reply: headers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.