Boostline Connecting rods making a little JAM

Notices

Boostline Connecting rods making a little JAM

Old 05-12-2018, 10:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 347 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Boostline Connecting rods making a little JAM

This May or May not be of interest because it is pretty far away from what you all are working with. I still wanted to share since I’m a fan and member here following a lot of builds. These rods are available for SBC and BBC applications, so it crosses over.

This was a promo video and R&D test for Wiseco piston and their Boostline rod in what was meant to be a street engine with vtec, VTC, and e85. It is a 145 cubic inch Honda with 3.897” stroke turning 10,000 rpm on e85.

I was worried about controlling the brake with having such a small engine coming on with no torque, but also needing the brake setup to hold big block power. It wasn’t so bad. It was wild sitting on the other side of the window as it came into boost.

Man we beat the DOG **** out of those rods day after day for a week straight. Hit after hit over 1000, ARP 2000 rod bolt too. Engine still looks great andncould be driven around town no sweat. 735 on the 14psi wg spring, 38psi for the 1042hp in these pics, and I worked these rods on one hit with 56psi. That one had me on the edge of my seat!! Check those rods out in V8 applications. Affordable and friggin strong.

EMAP

Last edited by DRAG; 05-12-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I should also mention, this is the engine that the Honda BF150 outboard is based from. We are working on a couple marine projects, which I’m excited about!
Old 05-13-2018, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this NASCAR stuff your working on here?
Old 05-14-2018, 01:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Mohavvalley
Is this NASCAR stuff your working on here?

We just do these Honda engines for various series. USAC midget, touring car, hill climb, many road racing series, drag racing...etc. Its a wicked little engine so people put them in lots of stuff. The only time anything other than these will be on my dyno is for my own marine stuff....which is just hobby for me. I'm more interested in sitting on the back of my boat watching you guys race LOL!!

I thought you guys may want to give these rods a shot....pretty affordable compared to a Carrillo H and its a stronger design than an H-beam. More affordable than a Manley Turbo Tuff too.

Here is a little 165 cube naturally aspirated engine we did....passed over 500hp.