Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Eliminator garage scene >

Eliminator garage scene

Notices

Eliminator garage scene

Old 02-17-2003, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lovin aint the only thing!!! I am aware of what your saying about the mdf. I used 3/4 inch plywood and ran the grain thin the strongest direction. Its glued and screwed as well. No its not resined either but I'm figuring that Ill need new subs soon. I bought these Orion Extreme xtr 2250 amps with fans on them and the guy I bought them from said that he had a hard time keeping a set of speakers around. Subs that is. So I may be back in to those boxes And at that time I will have to fix it. The boxes have .91 cu ft volume now. Correct me if Im wrong but if I glue mdf to the inside of my existing boxes won't I further reduce the volume? How critical is that volume? The front of those boxes are only 1/2" thick ( the original upholstered panel,) but most of it is cut out for the speaker. Have you ever heard of Orion amps? Greg
Old 02-17-2003, 08:09 PM
Registered

Audio,
Any new pictures on your project yet?
Old 02-17-2003, 08:28 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup I have heard of Orion amps. They are VERY Good. They use up a lot of power so you may find a need for a second house battery. They do have GOBBS of power. The reason the subs are blowing is incorrect enclosures (just like my story) If I had build the enclosure correctly then that would not have happened. If you are not building ported enclosures then you are at a advantage as to design. They are MUCH esier to build as you just do so to the enclosure. You could build the boxes baffle (the part the sub mounts in) and put that up against the back of the trim piece that you are saying is thin. 1/2 inch material is REALLY to small. I like to go 1" for my baffle. To answer your other question about the box size changing yes you will change the volume. You just have to measure the box and find out if the new size is ok for the subs you have. If you are a little small that is ok. STUFF the box with Polly fill

You should NOT have a problem with blowing your subs. Not if the stuff is set up correctly and boxes built properly.

Jon
Old 02-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Registered

Where do I get poly fill? Is it the same as the pillow stuffing? Greg
Old 02-20-2003, 10:08 AM
Registered

Hi guys. The motor is still not in and the beers gone! I'm off the highway and on the dirt road again with little side projects. The fuel system reared its ugly head so I slayed that thing and then the solenoids, relay and plug-in had nowhere to go so I made bracket for those things. Maybe this weekend I can get something done! Heres the latest progress...Fuel regulator
Attached Thumbnails Eliminator garage scene-regulator-photo.jpg  
Old 02-20-2003, 10:10 AM
Registered

I looked at some pictures of some HP500 brackets and made this one. I hope it clears.
Attached Thumbnails Eliminator garage scene-500-efi-bracket.jpg  
Old 02-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HP -

Looks great so far. Is that an electrical sending unit on the fuel regulator? Running a blower, I'd go with a mechanical gauge if I were you. You know how critical fuel pressure is to a blower motor. Just my 2 cents.

Looks nice!!!
Old 02-23-2003, 07:18 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by HPJunkie

GLH, Thanks ...I hope its mean enough! Is that your boat as an avatar?
No a reasonable facimilie. Took delivery in January and here in VT I have had better luck with my car on the lake than any boat this time of year!

Here it is in the shop.
Attached Thumbnails Eliminator garage scene-_001.jpg  
Old 02-26-2003, 01:13 PM
Registered

Nice Cig! What year is that? What motors does it have in it? Greg
Old 02-28-2003, 12:12 PM
Registered

Finally got it in! Its aligned and ready to rig. Now I have to mount my Msd, batterys, switch, Oil res., trim pump, diamond plate, and more. Whew its still alot. More photos to come.
Attached Thumbnails Eliminator garage scene-just-dropped-502.jpg  

Quick Reply: Eliminator garage scene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.