Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Widebands and sensor location >

Widebands and sensor location

Notices

Widebands and sensor location

Old 05-31-2018, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A simple kit is the AEM 30-4110. Here's the cheapest place I found selling it. AEM 30-4110 Wideband UEGO kit - Great for Monitroing Air-Fuel Ratios - new LSU4.9 sensor Before ya go drilling holes you should get the kit and read the instructions. My kit said sensor needs to be at least 18" from the exhaust port. I installed mine in my double wall tails like Eddie Young showed doing it in the link. It's incredibly simple doing it that way. Here's some wideband compare info.....https://10carbest.com/best-wideband-gauges

Put bungs in both exhaust. You can run the double kit or 2 of the single kits are cheaper. Or just a single and switch back and forth and compare.

Last edited by picklenjim; 05-31-2018 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

This is where you want them, easy to weld in also, you can get to the inside and outside of pipe, no hackwork..
Old 05-31-2018, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmm4jmc
Makes sense, I was thinking that would be the only way to do it, and getting access to that inner pipe.

The procedure in that link would be a little easier as long as the clearance between the inner and outer pipe is small enough to allow the inner pipe to dimple in. Great info and images.

I have a feeling I wil be doing it the way "Paxtonspeed" did as I think there might be about 3/8"-1/2" between the walls. I will have to drill an 1/8" hole to find out before I figure out which hole saw to start out with.

See the photoshopped image below, are these locations for the O2 sensor adequate? A or B or....

Thanks agian
more than likely neither of these will work, there will be enough revision way up from there to kill them quick, tried many places and killed several $150 sensors. only place we got to work was in a header tube about 6" from head and worked fine. I know we were using lightnings on a HP500, but you will be shocked how far water mist is drawn back into exhaust
Old 05-31-2018, 06:18 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,277 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Many have used the Innovate 'heat sink' with success with engines/exhausts with reversion issues..if I remember correctly...no ?

Last edited by SB; 05-31-2018 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KeatonAZ
where did you get those uprights? or did you modify the ones you had?
I've made a few of these now, I use HGE aluminum risers bore a hole machine a bung and weld them inside and out.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is what I came up with.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by picklenjim
A simple kit is the AEM 30-4110. Here's the cheapest place I found selling it. AEM 30-4110 Wideband UEGO kit - Great for Monitroing Air-Fuel Ratios - new LSU4.9 sensor Before ya go drilling holes you should get the kit and read the instructions. My kit said sensor needs to be at least 18" from the exhaust port. I installed mine in my double wall tails like Eddie Young showed doing it in the link. It's incredibly simple doing it that way. Here's some wideband compare info.....https://10carbest.com/best-wideband-gauges

Put bungs in both exhaust. You can run the double kit or 2 of the single kits are cheaper. Or just a single and switch back and forth and compare.
That's the same unit I've been using, I've used it as just a reader and data log. I'm not arguing with the instruction but I've measured just after the collector mid way down the pipe and as close to the end of the pipe as possible with only .1 difference in AR ratio readings.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had good luck with these (link below) for preventing water on the sensor. It does delay the response time.....so I wouldnt use it for accelerator pump tuning or other quick transients....but for steady state stuff it works well.

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-31-2018, 09:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force

This is where you want them, easy to weld in also, you can get to the inside and outside of pipe, no hackwork..
That would be perfect if the bung could be welded from both sides, pretty tight access to the inside though, but looks like it could be done (obviously yours worked well) with a torch with a short back cap and maybe a swivel torch. Going to see what my welder thinks about the access.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Many have used the Innovate 'heat sink' with success with engines/exhausts with reversion issues..if I remember correctly...no ?
Read some reviews about these and people seem to like em.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.