Widebands and sensor location >

Widebands and sensor location

Notices

Widebands and sensor location

Old 05-31-2018, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by picklenjim
A simple kit is the AEM 30-4110. Here's the cheapest place I found selling it. AEM 30-4110 Wideband UEGO kit - Great for Monitroing Air-Fuel Ratios - new LSU4.9 sensor Before ya go drilling holes you should get the kit and read the instructions. My kit said sensor needs to be at least 18" from the exhaust port. I installed mine in my double wall tails like Eddie Young showed doing it in the link. It's incredibly simple doing it that way. Here's some wideband compare info.....https://10carbest.com/best-wideband-gauges

Put bungs in both exhaust. You can run the double kit or 2 of the single kits are cheaper. Or just a single and switch back and forth and compare.
Thanks, I think I will do both
Old 05-31-2018, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

I did both sides so I can monitor them both, and it also leaves the option for FI later if you’re so inclined.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are a great addition if you run to guages at dash.. but make sure that they can be seen as the gauges don't seem to have the same characteristics as Livorsi/Gaffrig gauges. Sun hits mine at any angle and cant see.. mind you mine are digital display. maybe my mistake
Old 05-31-2018, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 113 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by jmm4jmc
Read some reviews about these and people seem to like em.
I use this. I've done before and after testing with this on the same motor, same day, same tune. No difference in AFR readings or response time. Provides a little extra protection should any reverted water drip downward from the elbow towards the wide-band sensor. It is meant as an extreme heat shield for turbo motors but also works in defending against reversion.

For those drilling in and welding in bungs at the bottom of a standard Merc style elbow you can get a Wags engineering spacer or one for LA Boat Parts that is much simpler.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Many have used the Innovate 'heat sink' with success with engines/exhausts with reversion issues..if I remember correctly...no ?
we also tried these, and even extended one further and still killed it..
Old 06-01-2018, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS496
Ive had good luck with these (link below) for preventing water on the sensor. It does delay the response time.....so I wouldnt use it for accelerator pump tuning or other quick transients....but for steady state stuff it works well.

https://www.amazon.com/Oxygen-Sensor...s=o2+simulator
also tried these, and actually added length to this...not sure how great of a reading would have gotten but killed one pretty quick...spent $$$$$ on sensors...maybe my lightnings were just bad for it ?
Old 06-01-2018, 05:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Trash
I use this. I've done before and after testing with this on the same motor, same day, same tune. No difference in AFR readings or response time. Provides a little extra protection should any reverted water drip downward from the elbow towards the wide-band sensor. It is meant as an extreme heat shield for turbo motors but also works in defending against reversion.

For those drilling in and welding in bungs at the bottom of a standard Merc style elbow you can get a Wags engineering spacer or one for LA Boat Parts that is much simpler.
Thank you so much for posting this. I have been looking for a spacer for a while for stock style 496 exhaust with no luck! Just sent Wags an email.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchLK
Thank you so much for posting this. I have been looking for a spacer for a while for stock style 496 exhaust with no luck! Just sent Wags an email.
Good luck with that. I've emailed and called them with never a response.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezstriper
also tried these, and actually added length to this...not sure how great of a reading would have gotten but killed one pretty quick...spent $$$$$ on sensors...maybe my lightnings were just bad for it ?
Ironically I have mine installed on lightings as well.....so far so good........but I only have about 20 hrs on them....it was more than enough to get my carbs dialed in without killing a sensor.

maybe I have less water or less reversion ..... who knows......the bung is on top of the collector as close to the primaries as I could get it.....I never tried a sensor without the 90* fitting I linked.

Did the one you tried have the reduced inner diameter/orrifice before the gas enters the "chamber"?

Last edited by SS496; 06-01-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I have these sitting at the house. Will be installing when interior is done

WEGO? III & WEGO? IV - Dual Channel Displays | Daytona Sensors?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.