Bravo rebiuld question >

Bravo rebiuld question

Notices

Bravo rebiuld question

Old 10-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo rebiuld question

Being that I have chewed up my upper gears I need to rebiuld. I have found an upper unit complete for what seems to be a reasonable price.
Question is do I have to rebiuld the lower ? Can pieces of the broken gears get down into the bottom?
I do have a very slight gasket leak behind the prop which I noticed the last two times I went out but it was very small. The level was always good and it never pulled water in so I was going to address that this winter. If I have to rebiuld the lower just to fix that than my first question is moot.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:48 PM
merlin540

yes metal will get in the lower. you have to clean it out or it will cause damage. its pretty eazy as long as you have the tools

Old 10-24-2002, 01:07 PM
Hudson

Do your homework before making your decision. For me the best decision was to buy a new drive. I bought one out of Florida (from a business that advertises on this board) for a very reasonable price. I have seen the price even lower since. Part are high. If you can buy a brand new 2002 Bravo One for $3200-$3800 its a good way to go.

Old 10-24-2002, 04:39 PM
Registered

If you are going to stay in boating and if you are mechanically inclined, I would say take the winter and rebuild it yourself. You will learn a lot, will save a lot, will get some cool new tools in the process and have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. People on this board will be happy to help if you get stuck. Maybe I am strange, but I find this kind of stuff fun.

BT
Old 10-24-2002, 05:02 PM
Registered

Thanks for the responses,
It was a question I geuss I already knew the question to. I think the best way to go is going to be to buy a new complete drive and then rebiuld mine. I spare drive would have me boating today so it cant hurt................oh yeah $$$$$$.....ok so it hurts alittle bit