Fuel injector cleaning >

Fuel injector cleaning

Notices

Fuel injector cleaning

Old 07-08-2018, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Fuel injector cleaning

Looking for recommendations for injector cleaning/servicing.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Get in touch with BUP on here.
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 07-08-2018, 08:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Hands down get in touch with Bup. John is very thorough and very honest. I did not realize how bad our injectors were until John sent us videos of all the injectors in action. A handful were so bad they should have been replaced. John kept on them, going thru his process a few times and literally brought the stragglers back to life. For the $, more people should do this as part of their maintenance routine. Johns knowledge and guidance during the process is at master level. Really pleased with the results.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Hands down get in touch with Bup. John is very thorough and very honest. I did not realize how bad our injectors were until John sent us videos of all the injectors in action. A handful were so bad they should have been replaced. John kept on them, going thru his process a few times and literally brought the stragglers back to life. For the $, more people should do this as part of their maintenance routine. Johns knowledge and guidance during the process is at master level. Really pleased with the results.
My experience to the T in dealing with BUP. Fuel Injector Maintenance

Last edited by Ryan00TJ; 07-08-2018 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Had 2 injectors fail on my 525s. Curious if these are rebuildable or trash?
Old 07-09-2018, 06:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 867 Likes on 403 Posts

I offer this too tom and have done it for many oso members, Smitty
Old 07-09-2018, 10:54 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

THANKS FOR THE GOOD WORDS FROM ALL UP HERE.

Everyone knows how to get ahead of me. PM or ask up here. I am up here almost everyday. Have to add these words ----- Before you even touch the injectors from your engine it is best to talk about it first and foremost the process what to do and NOT do when pulling them out plus how I would want them sent in to whomever.

Wanted to give this info out as well --- A tip you are not going to hear elsewhere and many do not know this.

Mirco basket filters internally for the injectors - are micron rated - and can not be too small micron rated because it will restrict fuel flow causing LEAN CONDITIONS. The reason they can not offer filtration very low micron rated is because of the surface area. There is not much of a surface area with the basket filters hence the micron ratings are larger than one would think by far.

With that said the smaller the basket filter the larger the MICRON RATING has to be. With that said --- it is easy for smaller contaminates to pass thru the basket filter going down into the injector. Another reason why injectors need to be tested and serviced. I know all the Micron ratings for which style of injector basket filter to be installed.

The basket filter installed can hugely impact your engine down the road. KEEP THIS MIND this is really not ever thought off when new basket filters are installed. Most people and services buy the cheapest basket filters they can find period and do not even know the micron ratings of them. That is scary gamble like to take place especially with marine engines, plus many run on the ragged edge to begin with in the high performance marine world.

You heard it here first from someone that knows - has studied it and tested it first hand to no end. Again will repeat this info ---- the smaller the basket filter in size and many vary determined for which injector - the larger the micron rating has to be. That offers less filtration but it has to - NOT to restrict fuel flow. You have to have balance between flow and filtration - YOU CAN NOT HAVE the best of both worlds - 100 percent flow and 100 percent filtration is NOT the real world. Thanks again everyone.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:59 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Had 2 injectors fail on my 525s. Curious if these are rebuildable or trash?
they can possible be remaned but keep in mind injectors are electrical and mechanical solenoids devices persay in laymens terms With that said not all are repairable / remaned.

I take it these are TBI injectors ? If so I have sources for those new and remaned as well plus if all possible the capabilities to reman them if applicable, Again that all depends on condition as well and what is wrong with the injectors.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 73 Posts

FWIW, I almost made the mistake of taking mine locally to the "best" injector shop in the area that specialized in automotive injectors. After speaking with BUP on a parts order I was making with him, I happened to mention I was going to have my injectors serviced not knowing he does them as well. He had some good laughs at what they were telling me and I can only imagine what the outcome would have been had I let them service them. NOBODY would have spent the time BUP did to make them perform like new again. At only 370 hours, they were absolutely horrible!!! He spent so much time and energy on them I truly feel bad, but that's the kind of guy he is. I would have 100% burned down my fresh engines if it were not for him with the state they were in. He really went the extra mile with mine, helped with a ton of information in other areas of my project and sold me the correct parts to make sure I could get my family back on the water reliably. He sent me videos and pictures throughout the whole process which really helped me understand what was going on and how important this service really is! Very honest and genuine guy and a pleasure to do business with!!
Old 07-09-2018, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
they can possible be remaned but keep in mind injectors are electrical and mechanical solenoids devices persay in laymens terms With that said not all are repairable / remaned.

I take it these are TBI injectors ? If so I have sources for those new and remaned as well plus if all possible the capabilities to reman them if applicable, Again that all depends on condition as well and what is wrong with the injectors.

The injectors that failed me are from a 2005 525efi. I replaced them with OEM merc ones for $220 each. Just thinking ahead to repair these and possibly this winter send all 16 out to be checked over. No issues now, just think of the preventative side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.