Bilge blower not working >

Bilge blower not working

Notices

Bilge blower not working

Old 08-30-2018, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilge blower not working

Last trip out on our "new to us" 98 Baja 272 the blower bilge quit working. I think the problem is electrical, the switch illuminates when turned on-and is not lighting up not is the fan working. I checked fuses and none are blown, however, the labelling for the fuses is twenty years old and only visible for a few fuses. Is there another fuse location other than the panel below the dash? Possibly the switch itself bad? Thanks in advance for the help, I'm a race car guy that is new to boat ownership and its like starting all over!
Old 08-30-2018, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Boats are different in that you cant just ground to body... anyways, hit the back of the switch with your handy test light.... got power?? if so, there should be connections for the blower within a foot or so of the blower itself...hit the power wire, does the test light glow? if it does check the ground... Brown with yellow stripe is the the bilge blower positive wire is supposed to be.... supposed to being the key words....
Old 08-30-2018, 09:02 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info, especially regarding the positive wire for blower.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Old 08-30-2018, 09:32 PM
Registered

Many thanks for the diagram. Problem solved, looks like the connection was loose on back of switch. I know all the switches were replaced and guages updated on the boat not long before we bought it. Whoever did the work did a nice, clean job but I guess the slide on connection wasn't real tight on the spade terminal on the switch. Always something I guess...