Bbc blower motor help!

Notices

Bbc blower motor help!

Old 02-03-2019, 05:56 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 14 apache

lol that and a hat to put some choices in and draw. I have got cams from the late herald he was so good was never a worry.
Me to, he was a great guy, some of his stuff was pretty harsh for the marine world.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those numbers are all foreign language to me lol I somewhat understand duration at .50 and lift numbers but that list is confusing to me!
Old 02-03-2019, 06:11 PM
GPM
Registered

Not saying that's it's simple or that I know that much about it, but if you compare initial, .050 and .200 numbers you can see why some cams will make more power than others, idle differently with the same .050 numbers, and beat the hell out of the rest of the valve train.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
Not saying that's it's simple or that I know that much about it, but if you compare initial, .050 and .200 numbers you can see why some cams will make more power than others, idle differently with the same .050 numbers, and beat the hell out of the rest of the valve train.
I am in the same boat I probably would not pick a lobe so easy from all of the choices. They know what works. And you need to get the rite guy to help you.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

GPM
what you think of the bushing lifters now? Bischoff from BSE was talking to him about bushing lifters he said that would be his choice on offshore boat. Still not sure about that myself.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:39 PM
GPM
Registered

GPM
what you think of the bushing lifters now? Bischoff from BSE was talking to him about bushing lifters he said that would be his choice on offshore boat. Still not sure about that myself.
I ran them both ways only because I trashed a lifter bore when a lifter came apart. I always wondered how much it weakened the block boring it out for the bushing. I have to think the bronze would wear faster than the cast iron, can it hold the lifter as stable being a softer material. I was running 350 at the seat and 1000 open at one time without bushings, I would rather run the .903 lifter if I had the choice. I'm not an engine builder so this is just my opinion.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:41 PM
GPM
Registered

I am in the same boat I probably would not pick a lobe so easy from all of the choices. They know what works. And you need to get the rite guy to help you.
The key is the Right guy, not some dweeb reading a computer screen that never saw the inside of an engine.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sorry ment lifters with bushings no needle bearings.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:44 PM
GPM
Registered

Sorry ment lifters with bushings no needle bearings.
I never tried them, can't figure out how they don't overheat and gall up.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:24 PM
Charter Member #394
Charter Member

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Isky EZ-Roll Lifter;
The design differences between a bushing — Isky refers to it as a “solid bearing” but we’ll use bushing as it’s a reference more familiar to engine builders today — and needle bearing are simple, but the pros and cons of each aren’t always so obvious. The needle bearing wraps the axle with numerous tiny cylindrical rollers that are well-suited for reducing friction because the line point of contact is so thin along the length of the needle. However, needles can suffer surface wear and flat spots if the loads are too heavy for such a small contact area. With the bushing design, the axle shaft does not touch the bushing shell. Instead, there is a film of oil or hydraulic wedge that carries the load of the lifter. With proper oil pressure and the correct lubricant, the bushing can not only last longer, but by spreading the load over a greater area of the axle, the lifter can support higher spring pressures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.