Mercury Verado Fuel Fiter/Seperator Reqirement >

Mercury Verado Fuel Fiter/Seperator Reqirement

Notices

Mercury Verado Fuel Fiter/Seperator Reqirement

Old 01-25-2019, 04:31 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Mercury Verado Fuel Fiter/Seperator Reqirement

Outboards are new to me but I bought a really nice Premier Tritonon with a Mercury 250 Verado. I was looking to take care of the maintenance in my usual OCD fashion and I couldn't find an inline fuel filter separator? I seem to remember the fuel filter on almost all the other toons that I have seen mainly because they seemed to stick out like a sore thumb. I called Premier and they said they don't have anything to do with that and is a dealer responsibility. Dealer in Minnesota is no longer there.
I would think it should have a filter and most likely the Verado would have one of the sensors that detects water in filter?
Old 01-25-2019, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 54 Posts

I run a 10 micron racor filter/separator before the primer bulb on all of my outboard boats. Carbed 2 strokes all the way to 2019 Yamaha 300s
Old 01-25-2019, 03:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Verado fuel filter

Verado's are new to me also having just given up sterndrives to outboards. I have learned that a Verado has a "engine mounted fuel filter" part #8M0122424. It also serves as a water separator. It looks like a very easy maintenance item.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

So yours are not rigged with an inline filter? I have replaced both of the engine filters. Sail sounds like it is a good idea. Might do that.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Correct, best I can tell, the standard Verado fuel system does not include an in-line filter. I do not find any reference to an in-line filter in the service and operating manuals.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:07 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

there is a drop inline cartridge fuel filter that needs to be changed out min once per year. You did not putost your engine serial number inwhich is the most important thing to have how the engine is set up and parts used per serial number groups..