oil extracting units >

oil extracting units

Notices

oil extracting units

Old 03-03-2019, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Onboard oil extracting units.

Has anyone use an onboard oil extraction unit. Have twin 700s. Can hook up to gear, trans and generator for ease of service but does it work well. I do most of my own service and takes up so much time. Wondering if these units are worth it.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:10 PM
Registered

Default oil extracting units

Has anyone use an onboard oil extraction unit. Have twin 700s. Can hook up to gear, trans and generator for ease of service but does it work well. I do most of my own service and takes up so much time. Wondering if these units are worth it.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 103 Posts

not sure what brand mine is but it makes oil changes a breeze. just sit there with my 5 gallon bucket and push the button. i use russell shut off valves to isolate each motor when im pumping out the oil.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 514 Likes on 234 Posts

I have oil extraction unit installed. It makes oil changes very simple. It was in the boat when we purchased it. I’ll have to contact AXA POWELL with specific info if you need it.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:25 PM
Registered

I have found reverso pumps. They seem pretty robust units and come in multiple system hookups 3-6 separate hookups with valves and all in one unit. 12lbs. Seems logical and easy 3-600 bucks depending on flow and # of valves. Think I’m just going to do it. Not much to loose other than $ and time.

Anyone else have have have experience with this set up ?

Originally Posted by Gofast42
Old 03-03-2019, 06:11 PM
Registered

I have found reverso pumps. They seem pretty robust units and come in multiple system hookups 3-6 separate hookups with valves and all in one unit. 12lbs. Seems logical and easy 3-600 bucks depending on flow and # of valves. Think I’m just going to do it. Not much to loose other than $ and time.

Originally Posted by SABER28
not sure what brand mine is but it makes oil changes a breeze. just sit there with my 5 gallon bucket and push the button. i use russell shut off valves to isolate each motor when im pumping out the oil.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 1,257 Likes on 608 Posts

I have -8 hoses coming from my pan drain plugs into a T with valves to a $40 Harbor freight 12v water/marine pump. It drains 10qts of cold Mobil1 15-50 quite fast. Key is to prime the hose.
Here it is. Can't find it on HF site anymore.
Amazon Amazon
Old 03-03-2019, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
I have -8 hoses coming from my pan drain plugs into a T with valves to a $40 Harbor freight 12v water/marine pump. It drains 10qts of cold Mobil1 15-50 quite fast. Key is to prime the hose.
Here it is. Can't find it on HF site anymore.
https://www.amazon.com/TruePower-12V.../dp/B0041TWTGE
mine is similar but hard wired and bolted to the bulkhead. this method works so well i cant believe they are not standard equipment on all new boats. last year with new motors i changed the oil while the boat was in the water.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

I used my priming pumps for multi use with a couple of T fittings and ball valves off pumps to make things less messy. Rather simple, inexpensive and made for extremely fast oil change About 150.00 a side.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:23 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofast42

Yes, I have a Reverso 3020 medium duty pump in my 47 Fountain. I have it plumbed directly to each of the oil pan drain lines on my three engines. It is fantastic. The pump uses gears instead of an impeller so you don't have to worry about it wearing out. I can change the oil and filters on all three engines in about 45 minutes once the engines are warmed. It is worth every penny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.