Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Help... I want to winterize myself >

Help... I want to winterize myself

Notices

Help... I want to winterize myself

Old 11-05-2002, 06:18 PM
Bo Knows

Everybody does it differently. This is what I do. Add 5 or six cans of dry gas to the fuel tank. Put muffs on & warm up motor. Change oil & filter. Change fuel filter. Fog motor with a mixture of 75% trans fluid & 25% gas. Pour it in till it starts smoking pretty good, give it one good blip and shut it down. Drain exhaust manifolds by removing hoses or opening plugs. Drain block by removing plugs on both sides. If no water comes out don't assume it's empty. It's not. Get a coat hanger wire and stick it in the hole to dislodge the dirt & rust that plugged the hole untill water runs out. Take big hose off bottom of water pump housing & drain. Take both hoses off bottom of fresh water pump & drain. Take small elbow shaped by pass hose that goes from intake to water pump housing off, turn it 180 degrees and with a long skinny funnel pour antifreese in towards the intake until it comes out the open block drains. Pour some in the exhaust manifolds & hoses off the water pump. Put it all back togeather & tighten everything up. Change the oil in the outdrives. Pray for spring to get here quickly!

Bo