Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Bleed ITS steering system >

Bleed ITS steering system

Notices

Bleed ITS steering system

Old 04-12-2019, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Update: we got the system bled down, but after a few turns it started foaming again. We managed to find a small leak on one of the cylinders that is leaking when you turn one direction and seems to be sucking air when turning back. Have to order kits and rebuild the cylinders. Thanks for all the help!!!
Old 06-09-2019, 12:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,271 Likes on 1,465 Posts

I did mine today, talked to Doug at Master Tech drive service and he told me the easiest way, so here goes.......connect 2 clear plastic hoses from the bleeder block to to the reservoir tank and top off tank with fluid, then pinch off the return line from the helm this will force the fluid from the tank out the bleeder and back to the tank, then open the bleeders 1/2 turn and start to rotate the wheel in one direction while keeping the tank full.........dont let the hose ends in the tank to become uncovered with fluid, keep turning the wheel one way till all the air is out, then rotate the wheel in the other direction ( keep the tank full ) until all the air it out. then rotate the wheel back and forth till you see no air coming from the bleeder, then tighten the bleeders and remove the hoses, then take the clamp off the return line slowly because it will pull some fluid from the tan, then climb out and check the drives for movement, you shouldn't be able to move the drives at all, if they move you still have air in the system, then get your azz back in the boat and do it again...................The end

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 06-09-2019 at 01:32 PM.