Notices

Loss of RPM

Old 11-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

paradigm shift,

Yes I agree that I should go ahead and at least check, if not replace, my own springs. I have done considerable research on this problem and I believe that mine already have the updated springs, that so far have not been a problem. This is by compairing serial #'s etc. plus I have the higher risers. I might also add that I contacted Mercury Marine via. e amil and have never gotten any response from them.

None the less it may be a next spring project for, as you say, piece of mind & it plain just wouldn't hurt. So far I don't have any symptoms of a problem.

Be Safe,
Mark
Old 11-03-2002, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GETTIN' BYE I hope that came across as intended. After rereading I am not sure it did. I tend to be a little blunt at times. I have some other boating friends that like you did all the research and still worried. No garantees in boating at least not for long thats for sure. They too ended up changing them out just for insurance and piece of mind.