Need volvo 496 injectors >

Need volvo 496 injectors

Notices

Need volvo 496 injectors

Old 05-30-2019, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 109 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Need volvo 496 injectors

Friend has a 2006 496 and needs injectors and I think it's 375hp. Please post or PM contact info so I can forward to owners?

thanks
Old 05-30-2019, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 73 Posts

Hit up BUP on here he's the man you want to talk to.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:03 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

See BUP on here, he will fix you up!
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 05-31-2019, 09:57 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

THANKS GUYS for putting my name on this. Will say the volvo penta carter cool fuel cells suffer just like the mercruiser gen 3 cool fuel modules from paint peeling internally as well, Its not as bad but bad enough to cause issues and even very lean running condition that can cause cyc wall / piston scuffing & scoring among other related issues..

The market is becoming flooded with 496 fuel injectors because they are knock offs. COMPLETE counterfeits with too unbelievable pricing.

The real OEM 496 fuel injectors are becoming hard to find and I am talking about the real OEM 496 fuel injectors.

The good news is I am working on a plug and play new current injector to replace the old 496 injectors. What is in the works, an injector replacement with a spray pattern that will help with fuel delivery along with the injector will flow a little leaner at the bottom rpm range especially at idle and a little richer at top end. If you run your 496 hard and more so in the upper rpm range these current injectors are better suited for you. These also will help with long periods at idling and those rich conditions. The injectors will be made by one of the largest injector manufacturers in the world. Just a jist of info for now. My phone number is in the website listed in the post above . THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE

Last edited by BUP; 06-01-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
THANKS GUYS for putting name on this. Will say the volvo penta carter cool fuel cells suffer just like the mercruiser gen 3 cool fuel modules from paint peeling internally as well, Its not as bad but bad enough to cause issues and even very lean running condition that can cause cyc wall / piston scuffing & scoring among other related issues..

The market is becoming flooded with 496 fuel injectors because they are knock offs. COMPLETE counterfeits with too unbelievable pricing.

The real OEM 496 fuel injectors are becoming hard to find and I am talking about the real OEM 496 fuel injectors.

The good news is I am working on a plug and play new current injector to replace the old 496 injectors. What is in the works is an injector replacement that the spray pattern that will help with fuel delivery along with the injector will flow a little leaner at the bottom rpm range especially at idle and a little richer at top end. If you run your 496 hard and more so in the upper rpm range these current injectors are better suited for you. These also will help with long periods at idling and those rich conditions. The injectors will be made by the one of the largest injector manufacturers in the world. Just a jist of info for now. My phone number is in the website listed above. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE

friend will be giving U call if he already hasn't. His name is Bob(Robert) O... from Western PA. BTW is this something that can be down by a knowledgeable DIY owner and how long should take to do?
Old 06-01-2019, 09:07 AM
BUP
Banned

WHats wrong with his current injectors. The 496 actually are good injectors but suffer from contamination hugely mainly in the Mercruiser app number 1 and number 2 Volvo. Electric side of these injectors are actually decent as well. One out of 50 seems to be the norm for a failed injector that needs to be replaced with new or a remaned one.. It is also best to send in the fuel rails for inspection and possible serviced as well. They are weak as they pit and corroded at the seams along in the injector port very easily especially in any saltwater use and or lack of proper fuel maintenance and layup, That is return hurts the injectors and can cause air leaks and or fuel leaks. . Just have him call me before he even pulls them out. He will need a GM fuel line disconnect tool. Very cheap to buy. Like 15 bucks MAX.

For the best running engines and longevity of your engines --- you want a totally clean fuel system and the proper STEADY fuel pressure all the time AND UNRESTRICTED BALANCED FLOWING INJECTORS with great spray patterns along with as close to equal flow volumes of fuel across all rpm ranges..

Last edited by BUP; 06-01-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Registered

Engine has about 700 hrs and down on RPM and speed last season. According to owner lost 8mph, had 4 injectors replaced and picked almost 50%. But shop(independent) doing the work is having troubles finding the other 4 injectors. It's only a freshwater boat but does spend from October to March in storage due to short boating season.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:08 PM
BUP
Banned

Like I said becoming harder to find these real OEM 496 fuel injectors and huge warning ebay lovers will = blown engine for marine apps. Yes saving money on cheap crap will = 1000s more down the road so the savings is not savings at all, actually becomes extremely expensive. Anyways just a some words for online marine parts buying and hopefully this indy shop is not buying from those sources. . Marine Ignition and fuel injectors are the 2 worst things to buy online unless from a known expert source

Its up to your buddy or whomever to deal with someone who can set him up correctly that does this daily and for not even close to OEM Volvo / Merc pricing even with brand new injectors made in the USA.

So the cause of the injector issues to begin with needs to be address 100 percent as well so that any new or reman injectors do not go bad again. He can even send all 8 injectors in for service and reman if he wants to. I hear you on the short boating season so then have to ask whats the hold up getting his boat back on the water ? Thanks again for replies and all who has put my name on this. THANKS everyone

Last edited by BUP; 06-01-2019 at 02:21 PM.