Hydromotive prop instalation >

Hydromotive prop instalation

Notices

Hydromotive prop instalation

Old 06-01-2019, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 380 Likes on 169 Posts
Default Hydromotive prop instalation

Purchased a hydromotive prop used on ebay. HC-CL24R-Q-IV When I install it on my Bravo one drive the prop shaft splines protrude out past the hub of the prop preventing the nut from contacting the hub and tightening the prop down. I have the large brass washer on the prop shaft with the taper going the right direction. Is there another washer that goes on hydromotive props? Is this prop for an outboard? When searching the part number it appears to be for a B-1 and that is how it was advertised. I have a Mirage plus and a Mach stern driver that fit correctly and completely cover the splines of prop shaft. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

There’s another splined piece that goes on after the prop. It goes prop, splined piece (drawing a blank on technical name), washer, locking ring then nut. The splined piece also has the edges that the locking ring contacts.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:36 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Old 06-02-2019, 05:19 AM
Registered

Received 380 Likes on 169 Posts

After posting, and thinking about it I realized, yes I have nothing for my lock ring tabs to bend into. That was made into my Mach prop, and part of the hub kit on the Mirage plus.
Thanks for your help.