Steel Tower for Bravo 1 >

Steel Tower for Bravo 1

Notices

Steel Tower for Bravo 1

Old 11-01-2002, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steel Tower Upgrade for Bravo 1

I had been looking for a steel tower to install in a Bravo1. Unfortunately, the only thing I could find were supplier installed or XR towers ( which are an 1/8" shorter than Bravo1 towers). I discussed this problem with Alfster and we decided to make one. This is what we came up with: A steel tower with more thread, to increase strength, and produced from a high quality alloy. This one will be going in DanB's drive.
Attached Thumbnails Steel Tower for Bravo 1-steel-tower.jpg  

Last edited by Maxx; 11-02-2002 at 05:11 AM.
Old 11-02-2002, 09:00 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 168 Likes on 96 Posts

Maxx, the XR towers are shorter to accomodate the thicker floor in the newest gears. The inner race is about 1/8 shorter so there is no need for the taler tower, if you put the new gears in an older housing the gear clears the top of the tower by just a few thou.

Regardless, your piece looks great. I assume you will set up to thread mill the housings?
The following users liked this post:
liltwomatt (06-11-2021)
Old 11-02-2002, 09:05 AM
Registered

Maxx, It looks good. I like the idea. Now for some testing. I and alot of other people have been following your posts, and are interested in the outcome. Did you ever get the testing done on the Bravo, or does tommy v still have the drive. If not, when do you think you will have DanB's drive ready to go and be able to test it?
UPDATE Please
Old 11-02-2002, 09:16 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How tall is the XR tower suppose to be? Can anyone put a number on that? How about the standard tower? And what reference point could one use to measure the proper height of each..

Thanks

Dick
Old 11-02-2002, 09:55 AM
Registered

Marc, thanks for the info. You certainly have a wealth of knowledge on these drives. I was going to trim an 1/8" off the top of this tower for an "X" gear upgrade; it's nice to know I won't have to do that. I may take a little off for piece mind. I have already milled and threaded Dan's drive. Hopefully, I will be able to post a picture of the finished product tonight.

28eliminator, thanks for the support! Tommy had a family crisis and couldn't test the shortie. He's sending it back, and as soon as I get it; I'll be making few changes and test it here. Dan is driving up this weekend to pick up the drive; I'm not sure when he'll be able to install it.

Mr. Gadgets, our reference was taken from an old XR tower and race compared to a stock Bravo1 race. I can give you a measurement of a stock tower from the top of the tower to the floor of the spacer/thrust bearing surface.

Last edited by Maxx; 11-02-2002 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:28 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Maxx,
If you would please supply that number It would be a big help. I did find that file we talked about, but it is in efax format. Do you by chance have an efax account? If not, I can print the file and mail it to you or you could down load the efax program and I could email the file to you.. I tried to convert the *.efx file to something else, but was unsuccessful.. Nice talking to you yesterday..

Dick
Old 11-03-2002, 10:38 PM
Registered

Mr Gadgets, I enjoyed our conversation also. I'll email you that number. Can you send that info by regular fax? I will post a picture of Dan's drive with the new tower tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:40 PM
Registered

Okay, here's a photo of the tower installed.
Attached Thumbnails Steel Tower for Bravo 1-tower1.jpg  
Old 11-04-2002, 09:43 PM
Registered

Another view.
Attached Images  
Old 11-05-2002, 05:34 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Maxx,
I could fax it to you but the pics wouldnt come out too good. I do have a copy I could mail to you. At this point I have not been able to get to my email.. while on the road. I cant remember the site I need to go to..
Let me know if you want me to mail it and I will call you for an address..

Dick

Quick Reply: Steel Tower for Bravo 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.