Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Group Discount on Vortech Superchargers (Procharger guys can read this too!) >

Group Discount on Vortech Superchargers (Procharger guys can read this too!)

Notices

Group Discount on Vortech Superchargers (Procharger guys can read this too!)

Old 11-08-2002, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Group Discount on Vortech Superchargers (Procharger guys can read this too!)

I'm now a Vortech dealer, and I would like to offer OSO members a group buy on supercharger kits. My main interest is to get some of my improved intercooler setups (for carb engines) out there on the water, but if you're looking for Vortech EFI kits, that's OK too.

I spent a lot of time and money developing the improved intercooler kit, sourcing and working with suppliers who will give me reduced pricing if I buy in volume. Ten units is about the minimum order to get reduced pricing so I'm hoping for that size of group.

My kit is based on the Vortech Universal BBC kit along with their V-7 YS trim compressor. This kit has been tested at 780 HP without an intercooler. Obviously an intercooler is required for marine applications.

Once I have a group of members who are interested, I will approach Vortech and my other suppliers and give the lowest price on the desired kits. I appreciate the opportunity to do this "market research" with fellow members, and look forward to hearing your comments.

Tom

P.S. If you're currently considering a Procharger kit for your carb engine, you should check this out. There is now an alternative with definite advantages!

If you already have a Procharger M1 kit and would like more power without going into the engine or spinning the supercharger any faster (= more temperature), you can take out your standard carb box and intercooler and replace it with my new intercooler setup. This configuration was tested on Dean Nickerson's dyno and showed an 85 HP increase over the Procharger intercooler setup.

Last edited by tomcat; 02-10-2003 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-08-2003, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom, is the Vortech self contained, or is an oil line to the pan required?
Old 02-09-2003, 12:04 PM
blown1500

Tom, I tried to pm, but your box is full. I am currently working on 565 and 598 engines. I want 1300+ from the 565, 1500+ from the 598. Must be boater friendly, reliable. We just need to talk about your intercooler box for these numbers. Pm or call. Thanks.

Old 02-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any pricing for just the carb box/intercooler? Unfortunatel I just replace both my procharger compressors this summer.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom,
What does vortech have thats similar to the M-4 procharger? And how much for the new and improved tomcat intercooler? Greg
Old 02-09-2003, 05:58 PM
Registered

Shawn - the Vortech compressor has an oil drain into the valve cover which is easy to install.

blown1500 - If you are already set with an M4 and you just need the intercooler, there are a couple ways to go. I'll PM you, sorry the box was full, it only had 3 messages?

Ken - I'm talking to Vortech right now about producing the carb box/intercooler for their carb kit. No reason why those parts can't be used with the Procharger compressor. But this will take time, and no pricing yet. What size compressor are you using?

HPJunkie - Vortech has the V-4 compressor. In X trim it is rated for 1300 HP; in XX trim it is rated for 1400+ HP. There is also a Z trim version which is even bigger but no data on that yet.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Registered

Tomcat

how's the provisional patent going. you're on to something and I would hate to see you loose out on YOUR innovation down the road.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Registered

Rambunctious - I took your advice and sent in the provisional application for patent. This protects me for 12 months and gives me time to make the full patent application. In the meantime, I am allowed to say "patent pending" and discuss the device with prospective manufacturers. Check your PM inbox.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:59 AM
Registered

Tomcat, I have stage 1 prochargers.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:42 PM
NEVRENUFF

Hey Tom,

You know I'm interested. I'm not ready to ditch my compressor just yet, but I would certainly like to bolt those additional 85 Horse Power BACK onto my engine!

Can you send me some overall dimensions? I thought you might get nervous if I whipped out a tape measure down at Nickerson's!! I need to do some checking on clearances.

Also, if you can get the Vortech marine kit dimensions (mounted up), that would be nice. If it fits without too much fussing, you might get me over the edge on the whole package!

You've got my e-mail

Paul

Quick Reply: Group Discount on Vortech Superchargers (Procharger guys can read this too!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.