Oh Oh, is this a problem?

Notices

Oh Oh, is this a problem?

Old 11-11-2002, 11:06 PM
Charter Member #38
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ZP'd,

As long as you're not fouling plugs(motor will "load up" ((run rough till opened up again)) or washing your cylinders down with fuel (watch for raising oil level or decreased oil pressure from oil thinning). I imagine whomever reprogrammed your ECU probably programmed to the safe side (rich).
Old 11-12-2002, 07:42 AM
Registered

Thanks Everyone!

I'm sure it's out of the exhaust and did change the oil and gear lube this past weekend. Both looked good (other then the motor oil looked awefully dirty for 30 hours on it) with no sign of water or fuel in either.

hotbeek, I have had the motor load up before after extended idle periods but the transom very seldom was what I'd call sooty, which would make me think it's not running all that rich. I'm going to fog the cylinders this week sometime so I'll be pulling the plugs to see what they look like. (last at a idle, so is it hard to get a read the plugs now?) I'm also curious as to how often you all reccomend 454Mags plugs should be changed out and what plugs you guys reccomend for my set-up. You guys say the fuel pressure rises with the RPM correct? I'm curious as to what to expect next spring when I have the Mrs. open it up a bit while I peer under the sundeck!

Thanks again Gentlemen, I may learn something yet!

Last edited by ZP'd; 11-12-2002 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-12-2002, 08:06 AM
Charter Member #38
Charter Member

ZP'd you'd better hold on to that sundeck. Better yet, why don't you climb inside and have her close the deck. (LOL)
Old 11-14-2002, 12:00 AM
Allan4

Hey, C454, you'd never guess that I built, dynoed and rigged this 509 motor for my boat last year..... .....One of lifes little chuckles...