Stainless marine 502 efi installation >

Stainless marine 502 efi installation

Notices

Stainless marine 502 efi installation

Old 05-29-2020, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Stainless marine 502 efi installation

I am trying to install the stainless marine exhaust for 502efi with captains call exhaust. The risers seems to longer than the stock cast iron risers and will not go back far enough to allow the clamp to go on. I seems like I have to cut the diverter tube down but didn't want to do that and be wrong. Has anybody done this before and does it require the Corsa diverter tube to be shortened?

Old 05-29-2020, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 485 Likes on 377 Posts

I think you have the wrong risers to use with Captains Call (CC) silent choice like yours.
I went from standard exhaust with cut outs to EMI Thunder and had to add about 2 inches of pipe for the area to go to Y pipe.

During repower I changed to 3+ risers and removed the cut outs all together. Had to recut the holes because they were higher by about 1.5 inch

Your risers look like 3+ and not the standard stainless marine risers

https://www.stainlessmarine.com/prod...ers-tailpipes/
Old 05-29-2020, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They are close to fitting but its seems like the corsa pipe is about 1 inch to long. I checked the instructions that came with the system and they seem to be correct for you application. Here is another picture of the second set of risers. The packing slip set of BB manifolds with standard risers.

Old 05-29-2020, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 485 Likes on 377 Posts

Have to agree, those are like the ones I started with and they did work, but did add the extension to the down tube. Have them