Notices

Small un seen little things...:)

Old 11-14-2002, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mopower
Hey kid,
You better do something with my $10..or should I say yours now
Opies right the right prop is probably the cheapest speed your going to find.
I had great luck with Ballistic. They're stainless and come from the factory with a thinner blade , almost like being labbed but 1/3 the cost. New your talking about $300.
Still believe in Santa? Christmas is coming. This Santa has to get his kid a set of 12.50x33 Michelins
Id be lucky to even get those in to the powerband!!
Old 11-15-2002, 08:19 AM
Registered

Default Re: Small un seen little things...:)

Originally posted by HyperBaja
My dad wont let me re do the 4.3 so Im looking for a few more mph, anyone know any small un noticeable (looks wise) things like a new flame arrestor (will that help?) just for a few mph more....

4.3l 262
carbed
Let's face it...........you're tryin to hit 50 right (you goin 46 now ?)? ;-)

I'll be honest with ya, those 10 mph marks are hard to hit.........it's liek a wall. You get to the x8 or x9 mph mark before the wall, then it's a major pain to hit x0. LOL

Maybe you want to just start building small block........then when you're done, start it in the driveway, and let your dad hear it - lol.

Deep down inside, most guys, even if they don't show it is that yearning for "MORE POWER" You just gotta throw a little gase on that hidden flame ?

Besiders if you are able to pull this off, one other advantage is that you can freshen up the 4.3 & when you go to sell the boat, you'll have a fresh engine for it.

In any case, you'll have to do a significant amount to see a noticepable difference. But beware, don't forget if you do build a v8, you have to consider the added wt & fuel economy, if it's a big concern. (Before I got my first boat I was looking at some 19-21 foot fiberglass boats. I know going from a 4.3 to a 5.0 (v8) there was aboput a 3 mph gain, but fuel econmy was quite a bit worse)
Old 11-15-2002, 08:21 AM
Registered

Please excuse my sh*tty grammar / spelling this wonderful morning........we ran out of normal coffee. I'm runnin on decaf - lol
Old 11-15-2002, 08:45 AM
Rick252

Default Re: Small un seen little things...:)

Originally posted by HyperBaja
My dad wont let me re do the 4.3 so Im looking for a few more mph, anyone know any small un noticeable (looks wise) things like a new flame arrestor (will that help?) just for a few mph more....

4.3l 262
carbed
Hyper... Can you spell N.O.S. Ran nitrous on a 20 Baja S/B with unreal results for 7 yrs with no problems. After the first year I did some changes such as cam, intake, can't remember everything, but it ran a solid 80 on good water.

Last edited by Rick252; 11-15-2002 at 08:48 AM.

Old 11-15-2002, 11:27 AM
Registered

This is easy, drill the speedo hole out from 3/16th to 1/8th and that shoud do it.

Hopefully someone laughs when they read this......
Old 11-15-2002, 12:53 PM
Registered

Originally posted by tssteph
This is easy, drill the speedo hole out from 3/16th to 1/8th and that shoud do it.

You sell boats ? lol
Old 11-15-2002, 12:54 PM
Registered

Originally posted by tssteph

Isn't it difficult to drill out a hole from 3/16 to 1/8 ? Where can I find me one of these magical drills ?

Old 11-15-2002, 03:00 PM
Registered

Thats what i sould do, start building a small block. Can someone start me off with some places to start at? Jegs is only a 20 minute drive away from here....
Old 11-15-2002, 04:33 PM
Registered

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I WORKED MAGIC ON HIM, Dad says i can put it in on one condition, I put a new drive on it because he dosent want me to blow it out (In otherwords, he dosent want to learn how to throttle the boat correctly)

So, how hard would it be for an alpah to bravo or arneson swap??
Or should i go with an alpha SS?

heres the engine-
http://www.1800runsnew.com/gm04.htm

And yes the flywheel and mounts from the boat will take the 350ci, it was an option back in 1990.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just stick with your Alpha. It will work fine on your light boat unless you plan on putting 500 or so HP to it.

Quick Reply: Small un seen little things...:)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.