Fuel pickup tube >

Fuel pickup tube

Notices

Fuel pickup tube

Old 05-03-2021, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Well if you dont want to weld on the tank, make a new pickup tube with a flange at the top that mounts like a the fuel level sender, then cut a hole and screw it down with a gasket.
Good idea. What about the sparks? I found a bunch of mounting flanges but not a fan of drilling holes in the top of fuel tank.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffswav
Good idea. What about the sparks? I found a bunch of mounting flanges but not a fan of drilling holes in the top of fuel tank.
Air tools.. aluminum doesnt really spark or fill the tank with water. A handfull of grease goes a long ways to catching the chips

Old 05-04-2021, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Air tools.. aluminum doesnt really spark or fill the tank with water. A handfull of grease goes a long ways to catching the chips
I am going to attempt to make a pickup from a 3/8" npt / -10 an fitting to a russell 1/2" stainless tube. I bought 3 fittings to account for error lol