Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Anyone ever deal with Boost Power??? >

Anyone ever deal with Boost Power???

Notices

Anyone ever deal with Boost Power???

Old 11-18-2002, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever deal with Boost Power???

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Boost Power. They claim to have an upgrade kit for the hp500efi that will net you 65hp (110hp if you do a cam and they port the stock heads and intake). Anyone running this?

Thankyou!
Old 11-18-2002, 11:50 PM
red racer

I have dealt with them quite a bit before they sold their business. They sold off the main part while keeping the name and the skill to make good strong engines.

The main builder is Alexi - son of the original owner. Talk to him with straight educated questions and he will steer you right. If you come at him with "give me 10mph" without understanding what it takes for that increase isn't good....

I have heard that they now only build engines again because all the other extras of a full blown boat shop cost them more to keep going than their core engine skill... So they sold out and went back to the basics.

He helped me put together a 454, alum heads, roller cam drive train, and a procharger set-up - high 600's pushing a 21' Cole SuperSport to 86.7mpg gps @ 4100 and 5psi. Yes, we have not ironed out all the bugs in the carb to take it up to the 5600 - 5800 rpms the engine can produce... Maybe mid-90's?????

Anyway, ask anything more if you need it...

Old 11-19-2002, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Red Racer !!! Maybe you should send that carb to Dean Nickerson.... He is absolutely the best there is at working on carb's running Prochargers. I had a very similar setup to yours....
full roller 454-hp450 with Procharger..... Dean reworked my carb after many frustrating attempts to solve the problems..... he fixed it, 1st time out. Call him... nice guy, not cheap, but the best.
Old 11-28-2002, 11:58 PM
Registered

Default Adjustments

Red Racer
Why not let him{Alixsi} straighten out your adjustments, his new shop is in Newbury park and he also has a prop dyno in his shop. He took the bugs out of my sons Howard in one vist. Like said, Know what going on and does a great job, just not cheap..
eliminator219
Old 02-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Registered

Call Us Any Time With The Questions And We Will Try As Best We Can To Assist! Thanks
Old 02-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Registered

Smile Boostpower

They are a great shop for Engines, Tech and several other subjects. Call and ask for Alexi and if you need to leave a message-do so as he will call you back. I have been there and he gets a ton of calls a day. Good Luck
Originally Posted by red racer
I have dealt with them quite a bit before they sold their business. They sold off the main part while keeping the name and the skill to make good strong engines.

The main builder is Alexi - son of the original owner. Talk to him with straight educated questions and he will steer you right. If you come at him with "give me 10mph" without understanding what it takes for that increase isn't good....

I have heard that they now only build engines again because all the other extras of a full blown boat shop cost them more to keep going than their core engine skill... So they sold out and went back to the basics.

He helped me put together a 454, alum heads, roller cam drive train, and a procharger set-up - high 600's pushing a 21' Cole SuperSport to 86.7mpg gps @ 4100 and 5psi. Yes, we have not ironed out all the bugs in the carb to take it up to the 5600 - 5800 rpms the engine can produce... Maybe mid-90's?????

Anyway, ask anything more if you need it...
Old 02-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Registered

Yea! Alexi has a nak for this stuff. He has helped me and several friends out for years. He is very educated. He is likley the only engine builder who has gone to college with a degree. I know he is anal about things to make for a decent product. He is at times hard to get as he sits on the dyno about 3 days a week in peak season, but--he always calls back. You can always call and talk to Rich-his lead guy. Anyway--again-a lot of shops are talented, but boostpower is a step above.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TWINBLOWN
Yea! Alexi has a nak for this stuff. He has helped me and several friends out for years. He is very educated. He is likley the only engine builder who has gone to college with a degree. I know he is anal about things to make for a decent product. He is at times hard to get as he sits on the dyno about 3 days a week in peak season, but--he always calls back. You can always call and talk to Rich-his lead guy. Anyway--again-a lot of shops are talented, but boostpower is a step above.
He is likley the only engine builder who has gone to college with a degree. Holy Phuch
Old 02-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TWINBLOWN
Considering I have a Masters, I not only take offense to what you said, I wholeheartedly disagree. We are all not a bunch of ignorant, hillbilly grease monkeys. Do you have a college degree???
Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Registered

funny how those 2 just joined the board in the last 3 days

Quick Reply: Anyone ever deal with Boost Power???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.