Oil filter Question - Since I have not seen one in a while

Notices

Oil filter Question - Since I have not seen one in a while

Old 10-13-2022, 07:55 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,967 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
I stand corrected, media is synthetic blend on K&N. This was the last one I cut open.
Might look like paper, but from everything I've read, they are made of synthetic fibers ...........https://www.knfilters.com/oil-filters
"K&N engine oil filters are designed with advanced synthetic fibers, and are available for different types of cars, trucks, off-road vehicles, motorcycles, and watercraft. K&N filters are engineered to meet or exceed OEM requirements, and rigorously tested for efficiency, capacity, and burst strength."
The following 2 users liked this post by Griff:
Cap'm Kurt (10-13-2022), underpsi68 (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 10:54 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

FRAM "XG" series
K&N
MOBILE 1
Cant go wrong with one of these.

Just FYI on fram filters. Just a few years ago, i had two, yes two, F oil filters that i cut open and the filter media glue was all over the place, and not in some places at the ends of the pleats where it truly needed to be. It had gaps which allowed unfiltered oil to pass thru.

Truth be told that was on the low end line of fram., a cartridge type for a Camry. I've never used that one since. The company did send me a free case of them for my inconvenience and the info I relayed to them.

However, the XG spin on series these days does seem to be a very good filter, so I would not hesitate to use it , or the Mobile 1 or K&N.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 152 Posts

I prefer Parallel vs series filters with no bypass, to reduce filter pressure, and double the media surface area for flow.

Just use quality filters.

A low micron rated filter will polish the oil well enough.
​​​​​
​I like the Fleetguard LF16035 Stratapore. Designed for the Cummins Diesel, and readily available.

Max working pressure 125psi.
60 micron100%
30 micron 60%
8.72 gpm

Is there any benefit to running a series system that I'm not tracking?