Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
EMI Drive Showers >

EMI Drive Showers

Notices

EMI Drive Showers

Old 11-24-2002, 02:26 PM
rpm

If you are referring to the Innovative Marine drive shower, yes they also produce an alpha version - same money.

Rod

Old 11-24-2002, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Griff
The EMI drive shower is nearly, if not, identical to my IMCO drive shower. You may want to price the Imco's also.
I trashed the pick up on mine when I hit a small piece of debris in the water. I tapped the water jacket on the upper drive case and now feed it from there. It puts a chitload of water onto the top of the drive.
Your right, the EMI seems to be exactly the same as the IMCO..I have had both, could not see any difference between the two in any way...
Old 11-24-2002, 08:42 PM
Registered

RPM,

Will those fit the alpha I gen 2? Does the flex hose install to the outdrive by just drilling a hole? If so how do I order one.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2002, 10:06 PM
rpm

Yes, they will fit Gen II also. Send me an email with contact info including daytime phone number. You need to drill (2) holes in the cavitation plate. One for the pickup and the other for the fastener to hold it down. Comes will all required hardware and instructions.

Rod

Old 11-25-2002, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Innovative Marine drive shower. Dont even question it! Ritchie builds the best unit and it looks factory. Greg
Old 11-26-2002, 10:48 PM
Registered

Default Simrek Showers

Originally posted by HyperBaja
Ive been told the simerek will mist off at high speed and not shower down on the drive.

Looks like a good deal for 145, no other ones that style are that cheap.
I installed a set of simrecks on my old boat, which had alphas. we went into a channel, and it was like glass. Having no swim platform, you could lay on the sun pad and peek over the back. We took it out to about 70 and trimmed it all the way up (ok, maybe this wasn't the smartest thing to do, but we did it anyways). But you could clearly see the water spraying all over the sides and the tops of the drives.

I'm not sure what you mean by misting ?

Personally, I think this is a fairly simple design that works well I've seen many people around her use them (the simrecks) and even when cruising, you can see them spraying the drives pretty good.

Just thought I'd let you know my experience with them Of course, the "high speed" you mentioned may be faster than we were going ?
Old 11-27-2002, 03:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told that none of the drive showers work on cats because they ride so far out of the water. It seems to me that you could attach the pickup to the transom with a braded line to the shower. Does this sound right?

I have Simrecks on my Checkmate and they work great. No white chaulking at all. It was a trick to get them on with the Marine Machine steering but worth it.