Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Bravo Trim switch wiring diagram?? >

Bravo Trim switch wiring diagram??

Notices

Bravo Trim switch wiring diagram??

Old 11-27-2002, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This morning, Mark- AKA Opie 272, called and came by the office. He was kind enough to bring a full set of Formula 272 wiring diagrams, which has both the k-plane pumps & switch diagrams, but the trim/trailer wiring also. Formula makes some really good engineering drawings. Until you see them, you cannot appreciate them fully. I believe Formula/Thunderbird is the only manufaqcturer that keeps full records of the drawings- electrical, plumbing, etc since the early 80's or more!! They still stock some (including original upholstery) for most of them.

Thanks Mark & Paul (& Steve-Keystone Propellors-918-245-1222)

OSO friends are the best!

George

Last edited by blown formula; 11-27-2002 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-27-2002, 12:40 PM
NEVRENUFF

George,

Were Mark's the same diagrams (but clearer obviously).

Also in the Aeromotive thing...I bought my A1000 pump about 14 months ago. Do you think that it has the bad epoxy problem?
I ran about 60 hours this year without any issues but don't want to have any next year!

Glad to hear you got what you needed

Paul

Old 11-27-2002, 03:03 PM
Registered

Paul,

Mark's diagrams were more explicate (yeah!!!) in regard to the particular type of switches we are using. They appear to be common with the ones Formula uses (?) & included a lot of other things I needed as well. Due to the corrosion and missing fuses, one does not know what amperage circuit every thing should be. The Formula drawings tell you fuse size, wire gauge, preferred wire routing, etc. I'm not, by any means suggesting I may not need your drawings or further help! I very well may!! The Formula drawings are very different from what Mercruiser does. Their drawings are either so small as to be unreadable or so large you can't reproduce them or fax them well. Just the nature of the beast we call Merc. I appreciate the help!!

By the way, what is the installed height of your back seat base (front edge to the bottom of the upholstery) ??? I need this badly.

The A1000 pump if purchased before May of 2002 needs to be replaced or rebuilt/modified. They will do only the necessary part or a "total" rebuild, as requested by you. Unlike other places, you do actually get your own pump back. Turnaround was in-out same day for me. Great folks!
Happy Thanksgiving
George
Old 11-27-2002, 03:28 PM
NEVRENUFF

George,

Thanks for the info on the pump. I'll pull it and send it to them.

On the seat height dimension, I'd have to measure it and e-mail you. Incidentally what do you need that dimension for?? I can grab it over the weekend if you need it. Are you working on a Baja 250ES too!?!?! or was that question for someone else?

Paul

Old 11-27-2002, 03:55 PM
Registered

Actually that question was specific for a Sonic, BUT, I'm just trying to find out a marine manufacturers basic seat frame height. I figure it will be pretty much the same for all boats.
Maybe I have been trying to make this too hard. I will not be at this email address from this afternoon 4:30 cst until Monday. I can be reached at : 918-484-2715.... the lake house for the Holiday but locking myself in the garage!!!
I will however be checking in periodically to OSO (with the laptop)and this post, looking for info.
Have a Happy! George
Old 11-27-2002, 04:06 PM
NEVRENUFF

I'll measure mine and give you a call at that # some time this weekend.

Happy TXgiving!

ps..I wish I was locking myself in a warm garage with a boat that needed work!!

Paul

Old 11-27-2002, 04:35 PM
Registered

Paul,
Come on then !!!! Plenty of work to go around with five boats and two torn up now!! The engine is out of the Formula and will be ready to go in in a few days. My engine guy is fast too. The block is being cleaned today and machined friday. Will pick it up friday wash, brush & rod it a couple of times and start assembly saturday. It will be finished early next week and back in the Formula by friday!! I have to then schedule the new "buyer" in for a look-see. YEH!!
George

We have plenty of Turkey to go around too so come on!!