Imco manifolds and reversion. >

Imco manifolds and reversion.

Notices

Imco manifolds and reversion.

Old 07-14-2022, 04:00 PM
BEACH PARTY / HOLLOWPOINT
Platinum Member

Received 1,306 Likes on 733 Posts

To elaborate… others have run these manifolds without issue on HP 500 and 500 EFI engines. Those combinations have about 14 degrees more overlap than yours. The HP 500 was prone to a little bit of reversion with the factory exhaust.

For peace of mind, you could get IMCO to custom fit the riser as stated earlier. More drop never hurts.
Old 07-14-2022, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TomZ
To elaborate… others have run these manifolds without issue on HP 500 and 500 EFI engines. Those combinations have about 14 degrees more overlap than yours. The HP 500 was prone to a little bit of reversion with the factory exhaust.

For peace of mind, you could get IMCO to custom fit the riser as stated earlier. More drop never hurts.
I did ask them about making risers or if they offered anything else but said what they had on website was it. 🤷‍♂️
Old 07-14-2022, 04:09 PM
BEACH PARTY / HOLLOWPOINT
Platinum Member

Received 1,306 Likes on 733 Posts

I’d just run’em.
Old 07-14-2022, 04:10 PM
Registered

Overlap is 54 degrees. I don’t think it’ll be an issue really.
if overlap is what you look at then what’s the limit to that before you start worrying about reversion?
Old 07-14-2022, 04:25 PM
Registered

I’d just run’em.
Part of me says “run’em” and part of me says don’t do it. That’s the financial part of me. These dang big blocks are expensive.
I’m gonna break the cam in on a stand because I have to install the inner valve springs after the break in. That gives me a good time to retorque my head gasket and also check for water in manifolds. But if there is water I’m out the cost of the standard riser then on to something custom. If I can get them to make them.

Last edited by Rosie240; 07-14-2022 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 04:51 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,967 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by Rosie240
First off. I’m not new here but it’s been a while since been on. I had to register again under a new account. I lost my login info and for some reason and for reasons unknown to me OSO, no matter how many times I tried, didn’t send an email to me to change my password.
What is your old screen name?? It may have a different email address attached to it than you currently use.

BTW, I do not think you will have any issues with reversion with that cam.
Old 07-14-2022, 05:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
What is your old screen name?? It may have a different email address attached to it than you currently use.

BTW, I do not think you will have any issues with reversion with that cam.
That’s one of my issues with the old log in. I don’t even remember my screen name it’s been so long ago. OSO already had my email address on file so I had to use my work email to register this time.
Old 07-15-2022, 12:48 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,967 Likes on 988 Posts

I don’t have any way to search by email address. I can search by an IP address or even a partial screen name. Send me a PM with your IP and possible screen names if you’d like me to try and find it