Pro Systems Carbs

Notices

Pro Systems Carbs

Old 10-28-2022, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Pro Systems Carbs

I spoke with Patrick years ago on another project, but didn't end up buying a carb through them. Debating on swapping out this 1050 for one of their designs and am curious if anyone has made the move? Part of me thinks they're all Holley base carbs, but I understand they put some work into them and flow them etc. My expectation is maybe a little performance, but better fuel distribution and tune is what I'd hope to get out of one.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2022, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

I have nothing against Patrick. One of the dyno guys I've worked with just left ved his work.
I've had excellent success with APD @ Drag Racing - Racing Parts. I've put quite a few carbs through there. They ways run right and usually make more power.
Distribution is almost always an intake manifold issue. If you know which are rich you can put an epoxy "dam" 1/16 to 1/8" tall across the plenum floor at the entrance to lean them out. Say you have 4 that need the dam, the other 4 wont be so lean. It takes a lot of time and experimenting to get it right.
The following 2 users liked this post by Smitty275:
540Fever (10-30-2022), articfriends (11-03-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

On my blown alcohol motors, I used Patrick/Pro Systems exclusively. Carbs were always dead on & customer service was fantastic. Sent them back to him at the end of every season to be gone through, never an issue. When I switched to a gas/nitrous motor, I used APD. They built a carb to run on VP oxygenated racing fuel. Great people to deal with. I now run a blown alcohol car that came with C&S carbs. Not a complaint at all with them. They do some different mods to them compared to Pro Systems.
The following users liked this post:
540Fever (10-30-2022)
Old 10-30-2022, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I went with a Pro-Systems carb last off-season for an all-out sbc marine N/A build. previous carb was a worked over 780 vac secondary holley, per Pro Systems went with an annular booster 850. Was great out of the box, leaned out top end by changing 3 points on HS bleeds. Other than that didn't touch it out of the box. The Annular boosters really helped tame the engine for docking habits, and power across the board was up. A family member builds engines and recommended Pro Systems as He uses them on most of his drag racing engines with good results. I don't have experience with other suppliers, but am very pleased with how well Pro Systems matched this carb to my combination.
Old 10-31-2022, 04:56 AM
Registered

Received 117 Likes on 60 Posts

I used Patrick for a 565 build years ago. He sent me a Dominator that literally bolted on and ran perfectly... right down to the idle mixture screws. All I had to do was turn the idle speed screw a little to dial in the idle speed. Other than that, the carb was dead-on right out of the box.

Absolutely the best bang for the buck... and I wouldn't hesitate using him again.

Another great carb guy is Dean Nickerson. He built a 1300+cfm Dominator for me to put on a really wild 632 I had. He recommended TWO of them... but said he can make a single work OK.
That was another "bolt-on and go racing" carb. Jetting and air bleeds were dead-on and it was super crisp and responsive. The aluminum connecting rods helped a little too. lol
Old 10-31-2022, 07:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

I been using AED carbs for 2 years now with great success and the customer service is top notch.!!
Old 11-03-2022, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Used Patrick for 4- 1050s and he said he was going to build these carbs personally , fast forward Carbs done charged to Credit card OK what was done ?? i dont know i had my guy do the 4 carbs and hes on Vacation for 2 weeks when he gets back i'll have him call and verify what all was done ... To this day still no call or any build sheet from Patrick and carbs suk .. I will be crating and sending them to APD Racing in the next few weeks for them to go thru these 1050s
Old 11-03-2022, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 106 Posts

Very happy with our prosystems they run great and I've had good customer service. Highly recommend.
Old 11-07-2022, 04:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks for the feedback all. I ended up emailing them on Saturday and exchanged a few emails with Patrick. Spoke with him today and his initial suggestion was to work the 1050 I have. I sent him over a few pictures along with the model (8896) to realize it's a 3-circuit. Probably explains some of the black plugs and smell of fuel.

Anyhow, he's going to build one of their Pro Series Dominators. Not sure what the specs will be yet, but he mentioned running the primaries quite a bit smaller to help with idle / part throttle. Right now with this 3-circuit all I smell is fuel and the plugs indicate that as well.

One a side not, kind of pissed the shop that reubuilt my motor took off the almost new Holley 1050 Marine and swapped on this 15 year old Barry Grant that looks like it's been sitting in a barn. They said someone had drilled some holes in it and they couldnt jet it big enough to get the AFR right. I would've rather just fixed what I had, but here we are. I'm looking forward to testing out the new one, but winter isn't even here yet. Paitence.