Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Got the milk in the oil any suggestions… >

Got the milk in the oil any suggestions…

Notices

Got the milk in the oil any suggestions…

Old 03-07-2023, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Orrr

Or does anyone know anyone in the Southern Tennessee area besides young’s marine? Alabama , Kentucky , Mississippi , Georgia ? Only reason I say that is he is backed up 9 to 12 months. I’d love to use him. Anyhow , I could send these boat anchors to? Inspect and look over etc? I don’t wanna do more harm than good I can have these things out in no time and have them to you. I feel as if this is going to get in over my knowledge level.

thoughts?
Old 03-08-2023, 01:29 AM
Registered

Received 298 Likes on 179 Posts

Geez, sounds like may not know what the hell you got. Take this with a grain of salt and I am not mechanically inclined at all, but if your saying you bought used and motor sitting for a while and your getting milkshake like this I would assume that every penny you spend not tearing it down and at least rebuilding top end is waisted time and money. I guess I'm trying to get you to look more long-term and consider that, well, even if you can patch it up - how much confidence are you going to have running 100 miles down river and back (saw you were in TN)?
Old 03-08-2023, 01:35 AM
Registered

Received 298 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by 87CigCafe
Or does anyone know anyone in the Southern Tennessee area besides young’s marine? Alabama , Kentucky , Mississippi , Georgia ? Only reason I say that is he is backed up 9 to 12 months. I’d love to use him. Anyhow , I could send these boat anchors to? Inspect and look over etc? I don’t wanna do more harm than good I can have these things out in no time and have them to you. I feel as if this is going to get in over my knowledge level.

thoughts?
Your vendor going to depend somewhat on budget, but being that your in TN I would probably look more toward Florida. Really, those guy's are a good value for the work if can find one that is reputable and willing to take on the project.
Old 03-08-2023, 02:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 539 Likes on 256 Posts

Just about all of the well known engine builders will be quite a few months out. I know you checked with Eddie, so I would call Jeff Harris ( Harris Performance) or Mark Boos ( Precision Marine) next to see what time frame they have. There are others out there, but it depends on haw far you want to travel with them, unless you want to crate them and ship them. I know you really don't want to hear this, but it might be faster finding a set of replacement motors to get you through the summer. Good lucck with the issue.
Old 03-08-2023, 05:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 807 Likes on 372 Posts

Worth pulling the intake off to see what kind of shape they are in?

On some motors I had on my Cafe (coincidentally) the intake manifolds rotted out really bad where they meet the head. Ultimately it cost me two motors.

Old 03-08-2023, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 439 Likes on 263 Posts

You can try my guy in Southern IL, he is probably 3 hours away. I haven't talked to him in a few weeks so I don't know how backed up he is.
Ask for Ray, tell him Joe sent you. (618) 438 3903
Home - R & R Motorsports (rrmotorsports.net)
Old 03-09-2023, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Pulling out

I am going to be pulling them out again and crating up and sending to the nice man I bought them from and he is going to tear into them and see what our problem is…. Hate that this has happened but I guess that’s old boats for ya it’s always something. Hopefully this season won’t be a scrap season and can get her in the water. Have worked hard to get it to this point but time will tell! Fingers crossed I’ll report back soon enough.
The following users liked this post:
PQ290Enticer (03-14-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 10:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,166 Likes on 1,409 Posts

I am going to be pulling them out again and crating up and sending to the nice man I bought them from and he is going to tear into them and see what our problem is…. Hate that this has happened but I guess that’s old boats for ya it’s always something. Hopefully this season won’t be a scrap season and can get her in the water. Have worked hard to get it to this point but time will tell! Fingers crossed I’ll report back soon enough.
Well thats unfortunate, hopefully the seller will make it right with you.
The following users liked this post:
87CigCafe (03-09-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 11:51 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,177 Likes on 1,433 Posts

That rarely happens. Most sellers shrug their shoulders.

Good to see he’s not that way at this point.
The following 2 users liked this post by SB:
87CigCafe (03-09-2023), underpsi68 (03-09-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 331 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
That rarely happens. Most sellers shrug their shoulders.

Good to see he’s not that way at this point.
I did have a guy stand behind a used engine I got last year. He paid for the rebuild. Couldn't believe it. There are still some good people out there.

Hope it works out for you 87.
The following 2 users liked this post by xlint89:
cheech (03-17-2023), SB (03-16-2023)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.