Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Got the milk in the oil any suggestions… >

Got the milk in the oil any suggestions…

Notices

Got the milk in the oil any suggestions…

Old 03-16-2023, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Good hopes!

Originally Posted by xlint89
I did have a guy stand behind a used engine I got last year. He paid for the rebuild. Couldn't believe it. There are still some good people out there.

Hope it works out for you 87.
I appreciate that man! I have a good feeling things will be made right the best way they can be once we find out what’s wrong. He’s a stand up guy and i feel as if I’ve made a friend throughout my Cig re-due process. I’ve kept him up to date on my progress etc so he has known nearly every step I’ve made. Soon as I mentioned this he said send em back we will figure something out! That was a relief. He probably knows I’m just a young guy trying to make a dream come true and has probably been there himself? Hell who knows!
Old 04-19-2023, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,166 Likes on 1,409 Posts

so whats the lattest ? saw where you shipped them back couple weeks a go
Old 04-19-2023, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Doomed

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
so whats the lattest ? saw where you shipped them back couple weeks a go

your guess is as good as mine my friend! Got delivered on March 24th things have been relatively quite I send a check in text once a week…
Old 04-20-2023, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 87CigCafe
These engines have sat for quite a while they are fresh builds with break in time only not that that matters but they did set for a period of time before installing into the boat. In Tennessee the weather is wild it could be 20 one day and 79 the next in the winter. They were kept put up in the garage ( not heated or cooled) just a garage. But I know some days I’d come out and see them and moisture would be present on top of ( outside the valve covers ) and “sweat” along side the blocks and such from time to time so I guess condensation is a possibility? Maybe? I haven’t taken the valve covers off just yet either. I’m gonna try and get the oil out this afternoon and see if it’s a total milkshake or not also per a suggestion above.
Ayuh,..... Was the water drained from the block, after the break-in,..??

If not, I'm guessing you froze busted the blocks,..... 6 hours at 26* is all it takes,......

You can drain the block, isolate the cooling passages, 'n pressurize with air, then listen for the leak,.....