Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cam recommendation >

Cam recommendation

Notices

Cam recommendation

Old 12-04-2002, 09:01 PM
bobby daniels

Originally posted by RLW
Hey Dave, I thought that would make you come out of the woodwork. The only person who is pushing the removal of the blower, is Mark Schnepf at Activator. He is telling me to save the drive, albeit I've had no problems so far. I'm pretty conservative when running it and I DO like the power.
US1 Fountain runs a 250 blower on his 27 Fountain. He has had it on and off more than once and told me if I ever removed it, that I would be putting it back on.
I would like a better idle quality and low speed performance which could lead me to Boost Referencing, something Nickerson doesn't do.
I wonder why he doesn't do that?
See Ya!
BOOST REF. IS THE ONLY WAY TO FLY,,, THE CAM IS NOT MAKEING YOUR TRANSOM BLACK AND THE BLOWER SHOULD RIP YOUR HEAD OFF AT LOW SPEED AND EVEN AT CRUISE IT SHOULD DO BETTER AS THE BLOWER STEPS UP THE AIR FLOW AND MAKES THE COMBUSTION CLEANER YOU MOST LIKLY HAVE CARB PROBLEMS OR TO LITTLE TIMING AT CRUISE ,,,,,THE AIR BLEEDS NEED TO BE ADJUSTED MOST LIKLY IN THE CARB AND BOOST REFERENCE THE CARB .
IF YOU DON'T THEN YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE MOTOR RICH (OVER rICH) TO COMPENSATE FOR THE LACK OF SIGNAL .
THE CARB ALWAYS SEES VAC. UNDER IT,, EVEN IF THE MOTOR IS MAKING BOOST ,, AND AT PART THROTTLE IT CAN GO LEAN WITH OUT BEING TO RICH TO PROTECT IT
THIS CAN BE BAD UNLESS ITS VERY RICH TO GET AWAY WITH THIS -- (RIGGING)
IF YOU BOOST REF. IT IT KNOWS WHEN YOUR IN BOOST OR VAC.
AND WILL GIVE IT THE RIGHT MIXTURE ,ITS EASY TO DO AND WILL HELP NOT BLACKEN THE TRANSOM DUE TO OVER RICH AND GET BETTER MILEAGE ,PM ME I'LL TELL YOU HOW ITS VERY SIMPLE ,
ITS ALMOST ALWAYS GOING TO BE LAZY AND BLACKEN THE REAR WITH OUT BOOST REF.

ALSO FYI THE OVERLAP OF THE CAM DETERMINES REVERSION

Last edited by bobby daniels; 12-04-2002 at 09:10 PM.

Old 12-04-2002, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put the blower on the 502 change the cam and turn the boost up if you want to see 100+ mph
Old 12-04-2002, 10:11 PM
Allan4

You are starting to sound like Charlie....

Hey, want to help me fit the engine bay for my blower??

Old 12-04-2002, 10:14 PM
Registered

I will
Old 12-04-2002, 10:19 PM
Registered

Allan4
i have the saw zall and will travel we can make it fit

Just ask CFD5 & CFD12
Old 12-04-2002, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what it is worth I second the boost reference of carbs. It is not that hard, if I can do it anybody can! I ran without ref on a flat bottom - runner bottom boat but now I run a 29' vee and there is a differance. Motor runs under way more load constantly and at cruise rpm say 3500 to 4000rpm I have high vacuum under carbs but right at 0 to 1 psi at the manifold. Just my opinion.
Once you go boost (super charged) you will never go back. Just go easy on and easy off on the throttle those bravos don't like that much torgue!
Old 12-05-2002, 02:08 PM
Allan4

Okay, just as long as no one puts the Voodoo Jinx on my motor like someone put on CFD12's. Man, that thing is either possesed or from Syria.

Small problem here, Hadley, check out my thread in Tech about boost numbers. General opinion is I have a time bomb if I get "blown". What do you think??

CFD12, Your parole officer called again looking for you, he mentioned something about bondage videos.