Me again with water in the oil.

Notices

Me again with water in the oil.

Old 05-13-2024, 02:45 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,277 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by zz28zz
Could it be excessive water press pushing past an intake gasket? Is there a water press gauge installed? I do see a cross-over pipe in place of the recirc pump and an aftermarket thermostat (I believe) in prev pics.
i’d like too see pics of this and answers to your questions too.
Old 05-13-2024, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 445 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
i’d like too see pics of this and answers to your questions too.
Also couldn't one check for an internal coolant leak by capping all of the external fittings and pressurize the coolant system before the engine is disassembled again?
Old 05-13-2024, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 314 Likes on 112 Posts
Default .

Originally Posted by underpsi68
Also couldn't one check for an internal coolant leak by capping all of the external fittings and pressurize the coolant system before the engine is disassembled again?

I am wondering the exact same thing. I REALLY don’t feel like taking these back out for a 5th time
Old 05-13-2024, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 185 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 87CigCafe
What are these white “ specs” in my manifolds 3 of them have it 1 don’t?

I have SM exh manifolds. The white specs if adhered to the surface are likely aluminum oxide blooms.

But too hard to confirm with the photos. The soot covers it up, but if the surface was poor before, and oxide not removed, then it's easier for it to bloom up.

The manifold to riser connection flange has more evidence of the oxide.
Old 05-13-2024, 03:53 PM
Registered

Default Ok moving forward

Alright.

drained them both put new fresh oil and oil filters on ran them for a few minutes to get warm fogged the s*** out of them with fogging oil.

where do I start. On figuring this crap out I am so sick of this lol. Ready to check myself into the insane asylum at this point.

thanks everyone so far for commenting and leaving feedback I am all for it right now. I am at a total loss
Old 05-13-2024, 04:27 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,277 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Again, Put up a pic of the frt of the engine as installed in the boat. We’ll have some questions.
Old 05-13-2024, 04:30 PM
Registered

Default Ok!

Originally Posted by SB
Again, Put up a pic of the frt of the engine as installed in the boat. We’ll have some questions.

ok will do just shortly!
Old 05-13-2024, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
and a list of what parts were or were not on when dyno'ed. even if it seems irrelevant.
Old 05-13-2024, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by 87CigCafe
Alright.

drained them both put new fresh oil and oil filters on ran them for a few minutes to get warm fogged the s*** out of them with fogging oil.

where do I start. On figuring this crap out I am so sick of this lol. Ready to check myself into the insane asylum at this point.

thanks everyone so far for commenting and leaving feedback I am all for it right now. I am at a total loss
87CigCafe,

I'll preface this by saying that I am about as far from an engine guru as one could be. But I like logic puzzles, so....

Since you ran them wet on the dyno, but with dry exhaust, and didn't get the chocolate milk, it seems obvious the issue is in the exhaust tract. The culprit has to be in the difference between the dyno setup and the rigged&running setup. Since you're seeing the chocolate milk in both engines, it seems logical it has to be a systemic issue, meaning something to do with the intentional builds (mismatched parts or improper assembly methodology), and likely not an incidental human error or material/part defect.

Taking a stab at it, and someone might chime in and advise against it for reasons, but.... Try disconnecting the water from the exhaust manifolds, routing it overboard, and running it as long as you think you should without any exhaust cooling, then check your oil. If it passes that, and after it has cooled off, reconnect the manifolds and disconnect the jumper from the manifold to the riser, routing it overboard, run it again and check your oil again. Eventually, following your exhaust tract toward the tips, you should find your intrusion point.

Thanks. Brad.
The following users liked this post:
87CigCafe (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
and a list of what parts were or were not on when dyno'ed. even if it seems irrelevant.
Comped,

Yup. This. My bet is parts were removed and replaced between the dyno and install, whatever they may be, and the whole ain't happy. Curiously awaiting the verdict.

Thanks. Brad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.