Vortec intake Manifold thread sealant- >

Vortec intake Manifold thread sealant-

Notices

Vortec intake Manifold thread sealant-

Old 07-05-2024, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Vortec intake Manifold thread sealant-

Replacing an Inake on Vortec head engine. Any need for an additional sealant on the intake bolt threads? My concern would be that it could change the torque specs with a wet sealant such as Teflon paste or such. Here are the bolts I bought to use on the new intake and I did get the Fel-Pro Problem Solver gasket.
I do have the Merc manual, I think it said 132-inch pound. I think there is some confusion on the Fel-Pro bolts regarding sealant and or thread locker. Some GM manuals call for thread locker but others do not. I believe the Blue material on the manifold bolt is actually something like the Loc-Tite Blue tape which acts as a sealant and thread locker.
Amazon Amazon
https://www.grainger.com/product/5HY...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Old 07-05-2024, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I've installed 100's of intakes and use black Permatex on all bolts and never an issue. Seals open ended holes that go into water or oil and acts as a lube just the same on blind holes. I dont torque intake bolts as its by feel but if you do, follow factory torque and you will be fine.
Old 07-06-2024, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 112 Posts

I always get new bolts from the GM dealer. They come with a sealer/thread locker on them. You are supposed to replace them. If the Fel Pro bolts have sealer on them then dont add anything else. Make sure you torque them properly. You need an inch pound torque wrench.
Old Yesterday, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Copy that, the FelPro bolt is supposed to have the same properties as the GM and does come with sealant applied. Merc manual calls for 132-inch pound.