Prop Help, 25' Bay Boat , Rev 4 XP >

Prop Help, 25' Bay Boat , Rev 4 XP

Notices

Prop Help, 25' Bay Boat , Rev 4 XP

Old Today, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop Help, 25' Bay Boat , Rev 4 XP

I have a 25' Stepped hull bay boat from Shearwater (250 XTE) with a Verado 350, Bob 6" Extreme JP. With the JP on 2 on the gauge and 0 trim my hole shot is terrible at (8-12 seconds) to plane which is the best i can get it and top speed of 57mph at 6400 rpms with the JP at 2.5 on the gauge and trim around 17-20%. That is by myself with 70 gallons of fuel. I have tried every combination of PVS plugs with little gain. The handling of the rev 4 is great with plenty of lift. I would like to have a much better hole shot and i would think this boat motor combo could do better than 57mph. Cruising speed/rpm is 30-35mph at around 4000+ rpm. 2.3mpg at that speed. Its been suggested that i try a PT LFE3 at 17" pitch. Can my current prop be reworked to meet the hole shot and speed? If I were to switch to a 5 blade prop do I change the pitch either direction from my current Rev 4? Im in Fort Myers Florida and currently looking for reputable prop shops in my area.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or recommendations.

Chris