Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Roller Rockers >

Roller Rockers

Notices

Roller Rockers

Old 12-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

How are those Scorpian brand aluminum roller rocker arms? I think they're blue in color. Anyone had any experience with them?
Old 12-09-2002, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by KAAMA
How are those Scorpian brand aluminum roller rocker arms? I think they're blue in color. Anyone had any experience with them?
I dont have a lot of seat time on mine but I do have them on a solid lifter cam with 30 thou. gap and have not broke or damaged one yet? PS mine are silver but I have seen them orange, blue, red. all with the little scorpian on them. Charlie
Old 12-09-2002, 06:48 PM
Registered

We run Comp roller tipped rockers on our Corvette. So far they seem pretty good and we haven't had to adjust them. Not much of a HP gain, but it takes some of the side load off the valves.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:21 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it is expensive, but has anyone tried running Jesel rockers? I have used them in Drag race motors ( cars) before without any failures..
Old 12-09-2002, 07:45 PM
Registered

I run Jesels on my 496 solid roller motor. They are real sweet!!! The valve lash hasn't need adjustment as of yet. They cost me around $900.00!! I saw some Jesel Sportsman series at the PRI show and they were listed at around $650.00. Still salty, but friendlier.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:57 AM
Registered

Most of the people I know use Crower roller rockers. I've used then in small blocks and ran them for 400 or so hours, with only a little wear on a couple of the wheels. I also know of some 1000 plus HP blower engines that use them (the stainless steel crowers).

I like them for SB engines compared to the scorpion, or harland sharp becuase they have a larger bearing set up where they pivot.

Anyways, just an opinion............

Ratchet
Old 12-10-2002, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

what advantage does the Crower "stainless steel" roller rocker arms have over other steel roller rocker arms. I know it doesn't rust, but is that the only advantage?
Old 12-10-2002, 08:22 AM
Registered

Originally posted by KAAMA
what advantage does the Crower "stainless steel" roller rocker arms have over other steel roller rocker arms. I know it doesn't rust, but is that the only advantage?
Kaama

Im not quite sure, I'd have to beleive they're stronger than aluminum rockers...............I just know that I've seen them used on some very healthy motors & they have always held up well. I only mentioned that because I know for SBC's they make aluminum & steel rockeers, & I wasn't sure if they did for big blocks, so I wanted to be clear about which ones I've seen last.

Like I said, I've just seen these used over & over (I also use their products), and have seen them stand up to a lot of punishment.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:27 AM
DonMan

Over the years, I`ve used many different brands of rockers, some on mild engines and some on more serious hardware. I like Harland Sharp best, followed closely by Comp Cams. I`ve had only one failure and it happened to be with Crane. It was one of the cheaper sets from Crane. I have heard that their GOLD series is good, but for about the same $$$ just go with Harland and sleep easier!

Old 12-10-2002, 12:00 PM
cheitman

I ran Scorpions on a solid flat tappet SB and got less than an hjour of use before the pushrods actually started wearing a hole throught he back of the rockers sending shavings through a new motor. I had to claen the block and replace all bearings. I WILL NEVER USE CHEAP **** AGAIN!

Quick Reply: Roller Rockers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.