Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Roller Rockers >

Roller Rockers

Notices

Roller Rockers

Old 12-13-2002, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys if your interested in purchasing some Harland Sharp rockers check the thread I've posted on general discussion area:

Bobby Daniels: What do you mean scorpion is a private label harland sharp?
Old 12-13-2002, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
Bobby Daniels: What do you mean scorpion is a private label harland sharp?
I think what he means is that they're basically the same rocker arm produced by Harland Sharpe only with a different name, but I'll let Bobby speak for himself.

These Scorpian brand rocker arms are look slightly different that the Harland Sharpes. The Scrorpian's are a little more streem lined and shaped/resemble a little more like a Crane rocker.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by KAAMA
Doug, is there anymore you can tell us about the Scorpian brand roller rockers for a marine application? Anyone out there with big power that you know using the Scorpian roller rocker arms with good success? While you were visiting the Scorpian plant did they give you any reasons as to why their roller rockers might be better than Crane's or Crower's or Harland Sharp's or any other brand? Just curious. Thanks

Mark/KAAMA
The Scorpian A-class boat set a world speed record in Sarasota .I think the name of the Company that built the Engine is Blue Thunder Marine .
Old 12-16-2002, 11:57 AM
bobby daniels

CRANE GOLD AND HARLAND ,SCORPION ARE FFOR MILD OR MID LIFT CAMS THEFORE MID H.P MOTORS ,JESSELS AND T&D SHAFT ROCKERS ARE WHAT THE BIG BOYS USE .
IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SPRING FOR THESE ,THE COMP. STAINLESS OR CROWER ARE GREAT MUCH HEAVIER ROLLERS AND BEARINGS ECT AND LIGHTER OVER THE VALVE THAN ALUIM.
ALWAYS SPEND ALOT OF TIME CHECKING USED ROCKERS ,,,ITS BAD TO HAVE A BEARING DROP OUT IN THE MOTOR ,

I HAD A POST ON HERE WITH PRICES ON ALL ROCKERS AT A SPECIAL PRICE,PM ME IF YOU NEED SOME ROCKERS

Last edited by bobby daniels; 12-16-2002 at 11:59 AM.