How do you guys run your breathers? >

How do you guys run your breathers?

Notices

How do you guys run your breathers?

Old 12-17-2002, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally posted by NordicHeat
I haven't tried it but was told by an old racer that the best place to put your breather is just in front of the distributor in the valley of the intake manifold if you have room. Suppose to be clean and non misted. It would also look much cleaner
Just a thought.
Dave
I think the Merc HP500 has this type of set-up. It's really kind of a neat idea---real clean set-up! I have installed this type of system on my engines as well. We drilled a hole in the valley of the intake manifold, installed a gromet, and ran a hose up to a small 3/16 - 1/4" hole we drilled in the back of the plenum area of the Dart intake manifold just underneath the flange where the carb bolts on. It gives a very clean and uncluttered look. We also installed one tall breather on each engine with the internally stepped type baffles. I am not experiencing any oil misting on my engines.

Last edited by KAAMA; 12-17-2002 at 06:01 AM.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:01 AM
Brad Perry

Wette, Blown,

Yes, it's through 1.5 gears, so the tac has to be off. That's only the second gauge that's going into the trash soon! Oil press is off 40lbs from two mech gauges I've hooked up...

I must have been turning more like 5800-6000rpm..