Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
1989 24' Banana Boat >

1989 24' Banana Boat

Notices

1989 24' Banana Boat

Old 01-13-2003, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ASD 6 Simply put, the motor is lifted so that part of the prop is out of the water at speed. On your boat you would want the propshaft about 2'' below the bottom of the boat to start. A surfacing high rake propeller is a must, A chopper or cleaver. In your case a chopper would most likey be best.. You will need to spend the time to dial your set in and test props and of course low walter pickups.
goodluck

Given a little more thought, a bravo one four blade would make a good prop, very good out of the hole and good top speed. Not as fast as a chopper but better all around use. Talk with one of the prop experts on this board for better advise. Matt from throttle up or Darin at Housten propeller.

Last edited by mmwalters; 01-13-2003 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey air,yes,it was reconstructive sawsall surgery!!! it was a inboard boat so i just cut it down to the height i wanted,bolted in some plywood and i did make a cushion for it.AS for your transom problem,you could use tiebars to the stringers,my friends boat has that. one of the problems that boat has is the stringersfrom the front dont meet the transom. i dont know if they all are like that,but the ones i saw were.my boathad stringers that stopped 6 feet from the transom and then new ones started like 6 inches from the other ones to the transom,they were not tied together except for the fiberglass over them,but that was a i/o boat and they used the rear stringers for motamounting platforms. your right,it is tight back there,do you know how to fiberglass? that xtra 2 feet makes a big difference,nice project for you,and while your at it raise the transom up to the deck(lotsa fiberglass work) with wood,aluminum plate the outside,put a nice stainless bracket on it,tie bars to front stringers,and you will like the ride change.my buddys boat,on the transom,and mine,2 feet back,rode complety different,but were same speeds.one more thing,the deck flexes alot,up and down right? i made abulkhead under it and stopped flexing. good luck,but just useit tripps
Old 01-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Tripps, I knew you would be on this thread!! Your always trying to talk about and show your BANANA!! Nice boat air dog.I've had a couple of rides in tripps and Ralphs. both handled great in rough water and ran in the mid to upper 60's. Ralphs has the tie bar system on it to stregthen te transom. I don't know who made and installed it but tripps probably knows. I do know it was nicely made. twin 200's would probably make that boat screem.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:24 AM
Registered

Smile Banana's with Brackets

Tripps,

I never noticed if my stringers went stem to stern or not. I do like your idea of slicing and dicing the back for more room.

Did it make your top deck structure any weaker?

Does outboards on a bracket make the boat any faster? I am guessing that it would since the prop or props are in smoother water. When you said the ride was different with a bracket what did you mean?
Old 01-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Try this

I have a 24 foot carrera, probably the same bottom as your banana.. Origanaly had an IO.. Doubled and reglassed the transom and hung 30 inch setback, stainless marine bracket ..
Cant say enough about this bracket , Room to walk around right at the motors, extra flotation and built like a sh&% brickhouse..
Old 01-18-2003, 09:06 AM
Registered

Brackets

That thing looks fast!

Do you run that on Lake Winni?

How long did it take you to reglass the transom?

How fast does your rig go?

I am really starting to like the idea of twin 200's as opposed to a giant single.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:06 PM
Too slow

Default Few Banana questions..comments..

riskybuisness...i forgot your real name.sorry....did all the Bananas have the hull to deck joint glassed like air dogs? .my hull is for sale on e-bay now because im going to buy an i/o banana i found. i loved the outboards but i want to try something different...and my father didnt like mixin the oil on the high perf motors.any problems i should look for on the i/o boat?.TRIPPS..your bolsters look a little higher and beefier than mine..where did you get them?where did your windshield go?

Old 01-19-2003, 09:37 AM
Registered

Default bannana stuff

Hey too slow,those bolsters were aftermarket,meaning from (somewhere),and believe it or not,but i pieced that boat together. somebody gave me a deck and i found a used bottom!!! almost like finding a winning lotto ticket!!! the windshield i didnt have but it looks good with them onthe boat.
and air,its a big job but as i described it above,but the room you will get is really important. and as were talking about bannanas i forgot to tell you guys about my other friend that has a 600 cubic inch bbc in it and goes 85+ heres some eye candy 4 you guys[IMG]scan0002.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-19-2003, 09:58 AM
Registered

Default Banana Boat Non - Pics

Still can't picture to post to board... Anybody know how???
Old 01-19-2003, 11:19 AM
Too slow

Default I wish i could hep TRIPPS....because i wanna see those pics

Wow Tripps..thats is amazing about the hull and deck story...and it looks good to...any pictures of you doing the project?...is the pic your trying to post of that big block banana?...

Quick Reply: 1989 24' Banana Boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.