Stainless Marine exhaust manifolds... >

Stainless Marine exhaust manifolds...

Notices

Stainless Marine exhaust manifolds...

Old 01-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by FloridianSon
Same good words about them.The only trouble I had was on install of the water fittings-capoff plugs.Stainless Marine said that if the fittings do not screw in easy to take a tap and clear up the powder coating off the threads that are in the manifolds,because if you don.t you might strip them out. Also as the powder coat gets hot it will melt abit so you should check the torque on the bolts till they settle in.
I also had some leaking out of the water plugs. I had to go back and retighten all water plugs and bolts a couple of times. No problems after that.

KAAMA, you should PM BillR. He is fast becoming the HRPA Stainless Marine master. He did his boat first, then mine. Now, he is helping two more HRPA members install Stainless Marine systems on their 502's. I told him that he is fast becoming the SM master.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:49 PM
envision

I had a set on my last boat. I had good luck with them but I had a problem with the bolts loosening. When I switched to Merlin heads, I found the original bolts bottomed out in the blind holes. I think this may have been why the original bolts loosened also.

Water never leaked.

Plugs were moderately hard to get at but I still had the socket with built in swivel from my 351 OMC

(Mr.?) Brownie at Stainless always tried to help!

Old 01-10-2003, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have two pairs that are great. The one thing I like about them is you can take the valve covers off without loosening the manifolds. I used socket head screws (allen bolts) on the covers. Just loosen the riser clamps and the riser off. Made a socket out of a ball end allen wrench and was able to get the two middle bolts of the cover.
mike
Old 01-11-2003, 08:09 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

BillR just helped me install mine, no test data yet, did it for cosmetics mainly, the old Mercs were pretty rusty.
Bryan
Attached Thumbnails Stainless Marine exhaust manifolds...-tuvellportsidedone.jpg  
Old 01-11-2003, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet Bryan!! Your 502 was already runnin strong. Bet you can not wait to see (and hear) how well she runs this summer!

BillR is the go to man that is for sure. He has helped me with countless installs.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Thanks Macklin, Bill was on task for sure.
He was just awesome, creative and articulate. Thanks BillR.
New tips should be enroute today, Corsa made an error on the new ones, so I had to return them.

We are SO READY to go boating, winter sux...
Bryan
Old 01-11-2003, 09:00 AM
Offshore Addiction

been a dealer for over 8 years,never had a malfuction,never a glitch,or even a *****,there one of the easiest ones on the plugs issue,and you dont just get manifolds,you get great people withem also!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2003, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default stainless marine

offshore addiction, are you a dealer for stainless marine?
If so, contact #???
Interested in manifolds and trim indicators for single bravo and tabs
Old 01-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks for all the responses gang!

Bryan, great picture---the stainless look very nice and a little lower profile than a GIL or most other manifolds---which means more room. Which btw, leads me to another question. How are they when it comes to removing valve covers?????
Old 01-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Don't have that answer, our macro plan is to run the $hit out of the 502, when she explodes replace with a new CHIEF engine or other GREAT aftermarket builder engine.

I am no wrench turner for sure, ask BillR! LOL
Bryan

Quick Reply: Stainless Marine exhaust manifolds...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.