30 ft. IMP eleganza...need info >

30 ft. IMP eleganza...need info

Notices

30 ft. IMP eleganza...need info

Old 01-13-2003, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 ft. IMP eleganza...need info

have a chance to bye this boat , ca'nt find anything on it ...anyone know if they are decent???
Old 01-13-2003, 11:37 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i've heard engine work can be a ***** if they haev to removed. They use a wierd biult in offshore mount that a real ***** to work with. They can and do rust out and then need to be cut out or soemthing. I was considering one as aproject a while back and when i said it needed engines i was told it couls be a REAL mess.

Otehr than that i havn't heard anything else bad about them. Other than the name "IMP".

If you get it enjoy it and it coudl be nice just expect to get jokes about cruising an "IMP" from you buddies

I know of a 26' (i think) that needs engines and drive but you could pick it up CHEAP!!!!
Old 01-14-2003, 12:05 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn an OSO member only a few Miles away HOW ya doing
Im really in Vestal, Binghamton just shows on the map
I look at a IMP before to but it was too ruff for me.
Make sure ya get someone to look at any boat you buy.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:20 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I would just put a "P" in front of the IMP....then you`d be too cool
Old 01-14-2003, 05:46 AM
michigandale

Default Rating the IMP

E-mail Dan Angstadt at [email protected]. Located in Las Vegas, Dan is one of the original IMP dealers and knows these boat as well as anyone outside the factory. Dale

Old 01-14-2003, 06:59 AM
Registered

thanks guys ,appreciate the help, i like the pimp idea..my wife dosent.... win some lose some...thanks for the e-mail address,dale will see what he says . BBR out
Old 01-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are not a great rough water boat (at least not Lake Erie rough). They are very wet. Seen a couple in poker runs. The occupants were soaked and sore.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:45 PM
Washed Away

I run a 255 eleganza on Lake Erie and it rides great. I think that they have a solid fiberglass bottom which makes them a little heavy. Can't say how the longer imps ride but mine is very solid. My boat is very dry riding. The bow has wide flares up the side. Much drier then my friends Checkmate. I've heard of the weird offshore mounts but that may have been used in earlier years than my boat (1989). I have standard mercrusier mounts. I have never been able to figure out what an Eleganza is though. They are made in Iola, Kansas. Website is impboat.com I believe

Old 01-14-2003, 04:58 PM
Registered

My first boat was a 31 Elaganza. I used it on LOTO. I found myself out of the water more than I was in it. I rode mine really hard so alot of things started breaking in the cuddy and such.

IMP........It Might Plane. thats what I heard.

A bit heavier, but the dependability was unbelievable. Almost 600 hrs. and never skipped a beat. I've had more problems with my Scarab in only a couple months than an entire year with the IMP!

Good luck they are good boats.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:09 AM
Registered

Again , thanks for the advice, i think it helped...Hey brian, was kinda suprised my self, where do you boat? cayuga? i'm trying to decide between new and used...still have some time before the end of the ice age.. winter sucks.. take it easy BBR out

Quick Reply: 30 ft. IMP eleganza...need info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.