IMCO Extreme SC drive....

Notices

IMCO Extreme SC drive....

Old 09-22-2005, 08:23 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: IMCO Extreme SC drive....

I thought I was in the minority when I broke my Imco SC.
Attached Images  
Old 09-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Registered

Mine came damaged yesterday.. Still waiting to hear what Imco is going to do?????????????
Old 09-22-2005, 08:45 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Titan
Mine came damaged yesterday.. Still waiting to hear what Imco is going to do?????????????
What do you mean?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Probably just blame it on the shipping co... meanwhile your stuck with the bill until they decide if they want to settle up!

I hope you paid via credit card? Put a stop payment and dispute, that will get them moving and settle it quick.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 884 Likes on 411 Posts

As much as I feel Imco must be doing substandard work, damage while shipping isn't really there fault. If you ups a drive the problem is they are so close to the weight limit there is no room for extra packing. Ups does a good job getting packages from point A to B IF you keep in mind there shipping criteria,a package should be packed to survive a drop from 4 feet,period.Who was your shipping carrier and to the rest of you guys,how are you shipping your drives? When I bought my spare drive from Max last year I paid for ups overnight from lk havasou to michigan,wasn't cheap. They were dead set against using ups but if you sent it by truck and it was actually insured for 10g's it was 750$ and would take a week.A caution for everyone on shipping thigs too,a buddy of mine bought a merc warranty motor from comp products in wisconson,when it showed up by truck the crank was broke from being dropped during shipping,the carrier had no problem paying the claim EXCEPT IT WAS SHIPPED AS USED AUTO PARTS SO IT WAS ONLY INSURED FOR 55 CENTS PER POUND,AND THEY ONLY PAY FOR THE WEIGHT OF THE DAMAGED COMPONENT!!Smitty
Old 09-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Registered

We've got a Imco sc thats less then 2 years old,less then 50 hours on it,less then 750 hp and it blew up 3 times.
Just got it back for the third time from Imco. And now I'm wondering how long it will last this time. If i could do it over again i could almost buy 2 xr's and have a warranty for about the price of one Imco.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Banana Split
We've got a Imco sc thats less then 2 years old,less then 50 hours on it,less then 750 hp and it blew up 3 times.
Just got it back for the third time from Imco. And now I'm wondering how long it will last this time. If i could do it over again i could almost buy 2 xr's and have a warranty for about the price of one Imco.
Another happy customer, sorry man!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

When I bought my boat the manufacturer told me that with my custom 750hp engine I had to upgrade the drive. Suggested IMCO Extreme Advantge as "it was the toughest drive available" (this was spring 2002). Boat arrived in May and by June I had 15 hours on it. Third week in June the gear set grenaded and took out the vert shaft too. I know its not the SC as they did not have one then but I got the exact same "there is nothing we can do, they have no warranty". I still have the drive on a shelf cause I would feel guilty selling it to anyone. It is junk, they make junk and they can't stand behind it would put them out of business. I upgraded to Max Machine and while I have broken since I find it amazing how long their drives stand up to the punishment of my upgraded 1000hp / 1100 ft-lbs of torque. It is also amazing how accomodating Aaron is when I need something and what they will do to get you back on the water. Dump IMCO, tell everyone how bad they suck and go with something that works.

I've heard rumors that Konrad has a bravo upgrade that should stand our big HP and Torque but that Merc is making their live misable about releasing it. Anyone heard anything?
Old 10-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Registered

I've got a SC with 100 hrs and no issues.
Boat is about 5000 pounds and power in not big.
540 with 683 hp and 676 tq dyno hp at the crank
1.35 gear and 26 labbed prop turning 5400 to 5600.
Don't beat the drive and plane off at 3000.
Merc oil and change it every 25 hours.

Stock drive (1999 not an XR) let go at 331 hrs.

Unless you can fool the Mec rep U won't be able to get warr. on the XR's when you don't have stock power.

I agree with all the comments though. To me just having 100 hrs doesn't mean its a good drive.
Time will tell.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Well, at least one person has had better luck. Although, your boat is much lighter and about 70 ft lbs of torque less and a 26" prop vs a 32".

I wish I could get 100 hrs out of these things, at least I would only have to rebuild every other season....

Good luck!

Quick Reply: IMCO Extreme SC drive....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.