Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Having problems with Silent Choice, help! >

Having problems with Silent Choice, help!

Notices

Having problems with Silent Choice, help!

Old 01-16-2003, 01:14 PM
Designie

Question Having problems with Silent Choice, help!

I have a 32' Sunsation Dominator and I had a problem before last summer with my silent choice not working. I got a wiring diagram from Corsa, and re-traced the wires and replaced all the solenoids with Bosch. It worked great, for a while. By the end of the summer, one of the two had quit and not long after that, they both quit. It just seemed to slowly get worse as the summer went on. Strange for electrical I thought. I checked the in-line fuses, they are fine.

Does anyone have any ideas? Could the relays be bad already or could the actuators be a problem?

Thanks!

Old 01-16-2003, 01:57 PM
29Fever

I chased something similar last summer. Does it happen on both sides? Mine turned out to be misaligned by a **** hair. After 2 months of chasing electric and buying new solenoids, which you can't return, was fixed after a half turn with a screw driver. Mine would flip into the closed position just fine then fall back open right away.

Old 01-16-2003, 02:47 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine did the same thing. If there not aligned perfect, they are forced closed at high rpms thus burning the selenoid.
I had them switched around so when there off, thats when it's open (loud). I figuered that I only use them when I want it quiet, and thats at lower rpms. At higher rpms the selenoid is relaxed and the exhaust is open. So theres no strain on the selenoid. I havn't had any more problems sense. I'm not sure, but I think I paid around $50 - $75 each to have them reversed at Corsa.
Good luck
Old 01-17-2003, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the reverse one too ,I think its a much better idea to have
them that way, so if a seleniod takes a crap you dont haver to coathanger em open