Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302) >

Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302)

Notices

Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302)

Old 01-22-2003, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Giving Credit to Mrs. Chart

She went Above and Beyond while I was in MA with AudioFn.

Before going, I took dozens of pictures of the front of my windshield and the deck, knowing that our decks were different, and wanting to be able to compare them during the building stage. While in MA, we discovered the area under the wings were also different, but I had no pictures of that.

Mrs. Chart went out in a 15 degree snow storm, climbed up a ladder, pulled back the cover, and took measurments. Then she took two rolls of film with the 35mm camera (as the digital was in MA), had them one-hour developed onto disc and emailed them to us.

A lot of guys' wives don't support their boating habit. Mrs. Chart not only supports it, but she is willing to suffer for it.

Jean, thank you.

Chart
Old 01-22-2003, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Audio looks great! Keep the photos coming. Dont you just love those projects! Greg
Old 01-23-2003, 07:57 AM
olysan

The lip looks great. I would give the nod to the lower version, but it's almost a toss up. Low or high the lip has to be there, really sets off the design.

Old 01-23-2003, 08:04 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOOKS GREAT and that material seems to be the right choice
Im with you on the DECK FLEX issue, I hope u have that covered

I have a built in fairing and I pulled the carpet of to see how they braced it , I found strips of glassed marine plywood, seems to be quite rigid, you might want to do something on that level
Old 01-23-2003, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Chart I have an '82' 302 as well and I think the fairing looks great. Just my .02$ but I like the wind deflector up high as opposed to level with the top of the fairing. Rick G.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simply my .02, but I like the look w/ the lip level w/ the top of the fairing. Great project to follow!!!

Aqua
Old 01-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

i like it up high gives it that Fountain look
Later
Dave
Old 01-23-2003, 08:43 AM
Registered

Hi Jon just following up my prevoius post about your old wind sheild. I'm still interested in it if you want to let it go . Thanks Rick G.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:57 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Rick G
Hi Jon just following up my prevoius post about your old wind sheild. I'm still interested in it if you want to let it go . Thanks Rick G.
Rick you can have the thing. Just pay for the shipping and the boxing material and it is yours. If you want just the channeling so that you can lower yours then I can cut that up and send just that, so that the shipping will be a LOT cheaper. I am committed to this design now so I have absolutely no used for it, and it is in my office now!!!! I would MUCH rather see it go to a good home.

Jon
Old 01-23-2003, 09:32 AM
Registered

Hi Jon , thankyou very much I have a family member in the shipping business if you email an address where you are I can make arrangements to have it picked up. I would prefer you ship the whole thing all I ask is that you package so as to reduce the risk of damage and would be more than happy to re-imburse you for any and all out of pocket costs. Again email with some particulars so I can make arrangements for this or email your phone number and I will call you , I would enjoy talking to you in any event. I can fill you in on my various projects and endevors. Thanks again Rick G.

Quick Reply: Making of a Race Fairing (Formula 302)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.