Eagle Cranks???

Notices

Eagle Cranks???

Old 01-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eagle Cranks???

OK I've just been told to stay away from Eagle cranks ....I want all the feedback I can get, the Good , the Bad, and the Ugly!!!!so dont be shy lets here it!!!
Old 01-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default See the following

I went through this once before. Here's the thread that started it all. Pretty good info. I have only heard a couple of good reports on Eagle cranks. Good luck!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=33414
Old 01-19-2003, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not recommend Eagle cranks. We put together 4 540's two years ago for myself , and a couple of friends and out of the 4, 3 had to be sent to Moldex to have the radii on the rod journals cut down. They where too big and even with a HP (the ones with the chamfer on the edges) bearing they wouldn't clear.

The only reason we ended up with the Eagle stuff is the price we paid for the rotating assy. $1200 a set. Although , $150 at Moldex and $150 at Diamond to balance doesn't make it that good of a deal.

On the good side , I haven't had any problems other than that. I've run the motor EXTREMLEY hard and have had no crank related problems. I don't really like the oil pressure it has (rod side to side clearance is high) 48-50#s at WOT (5800) at 200 degrees. But the bearings always looked fine , so I guess it's okay.
Old 01-19-2003, 03:59 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Just pulled mine out of my motor at 100 hrs or so...looks as good as the day it went in. I guess its all in how you set it up. I will be getting it M-fluxed tho.

Dan
Old 01-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Registered

Same as DanB. I pulled my eagle crank ( small block) out of mine and it look like it was new. I have 100.5 hrs on it this year and it was drove like I stole it The clevite bearings looked great too, I didn't have a problem with them and the radius's on the crank. Even all the clearance's were perfect. I am using this crank again and didn't even have to have it polished, just put it throught a cycle of moms dishwasher and its ready.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:59 PM
Registered

i am running their stroker cranks i think they were 4340 non twist and have 140 hours under a blower on em and aside from the above mention of the rod clearance being a little big, i havent had any problems. on the first install, i had a oil filter mess up and clog my pickup screen. tore it down and had a few spun bearings but the machine shop couldnt believe the crank wasnt damaged at all. knock on wood!!!
Old 01-20-2003, 06:24 AM
Registered

I have had no problems with mine. 496" 13.2:1 compression with solid rollers. It sees a lot of 6200 + RPM for sustained periods. I would use one again on another motor.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:41 AM
bobby daniels

ALL I CAN SAY IS ALLOT OF PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH CHEAP PARTS I DO 100 PLUS MOTORS A YEAR IF I USED ONE THE CUSTOMER WOULD BREAK IT THEN BREAK ME !! IF YOU CAN DO IT GREAT !!!!

Old 01-20-2003, 10:05 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Once again we need to put hings in perspective I build two motors every 3-5 years and there mine! I'll never race super cat light or P class for that matter. My boat spends 90% of its life at less than 4000rpms and never runs over 5500. So with that said. Do I need to spend the extra money to run a callies or Luinati Crank or can I get by for less and still have money to put gas in the boat next season???Some of us low budget guys work for a living ....I put in a pair of motors and start saving for the next ones!!!
Old 01-20-2003, 10:37 AM
bobby daniels

WELL DYNO SINCE YOUR ALWAYS IN KAAMAS WAKE AND HE'S LOADED AND DOESN'T WORK FOR A LIVING LIKE YOU AND ME
LET HIM TOW YOU AND TAKE YOUR MOTORS OUT THEN YOU'LL HAVE MONEY TO BUILD REAL GO PAST KAAMA MOTORS..
IF YOUR DRIVING IT LIKE MS DAISY USE PARTS LIKE HER !!!!!
IF NOT WAIT AND DO IT RIGHT ,PLEASE !!

NOT PICKING JUST MESSING, TRYING TO HELP ,

Quick Reply: Eagle Cranks???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.