Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Dana Marine Flo-Torque exhaust Manifolds >

Dana Marine Flo-Torque exhaust Manifolds

Notices

Dana Marine Flo-Torque exhaust Manifolds

Old 01-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats the pricing? its seems low.. is that for one manifold or both?
Old 01-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called and checked on a set today. For a 502 Mag, it's $2150 for a complete system with the S/S risers, including brackets for the shift linkage and the ECM module. $1600 for the aluminum risers. I also learned that the exhaust runners are continued into the risers all the way to the collectors. Looks like a pretty cool system.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:21 PM
Registered

I called them too. On my 7.4MPI they said 10 to 15 HP with the number 3 cone which is designed for this engine. He claims General Motors tested them on their Vortech engines and they performed equally with CMI. I would like to see an independent test. I asked what that 55 HP and 80ft/lbs of torque were on if I only get 10 to 15 HP. He said it was on a custom built engine. I laughed and asked who would ever have an 800 HP engine with the stock Mercruiser manifolds. He acknowledged probably no one. They do not have a system that will fit silent choice yet. The guy said they would in about a month.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:13 AM
rv
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ray,
You hit the nail on the head. Great come back question on the 55hp. And people wonder why some parts of the marine industry is BS. Well, I guess you have to give them credit for coming clean when asked. Dana does make good products from what I have seen.

For the price of $2150, why wouldn't you get the CMI elbow tops? Teague has them advertised for just under $2,000 and from what I remember there was a group buy from and OSO member that was even better than that.

Rick

Last edited by rv; 01-31-2003 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:11 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

rv,
maybe I'm way wrong in my thinking( wouldn't be the first time).
I thought I could get a set with the alum risers finished in Black, in case I take the boat to saltwater, for $900. That would be $1800 for 2 sets and another $200 for the riser extensions I would need. I'm going to call Dana again later this week.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:54 AM
rv
Registered

Payton,
Looks like you are right. Check this out.
http://www.rexmar.com/page220.html

go to the top left hand corner to pull up pricing.

Looks like $1775 w/ alum risers. I was thinking you wanted stainless. If stainless, it jumps to $2825, ouch. For that price you are over CMI's.

Did Dana explain what the advantage is of stainless over the alum. to pay that much more?

Rick
Old 02-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

rv, I think with the high hp engines, you develop a little more power with the stainless. For length the Alum will be perfect for me. Dana said for a stock 454mag, I may give up a couple of hp, but that's all.

They both have the individual runners to the end of the risers.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:33 PM
formulaF302

Ya know something....I can't figure out why we boaters have been such "sheep" all these years with everyone's alleged claims of more horsepower for their product that they charge us top dollar for. The automotive aftermarket manufacturers have been taken to task on their claims due to the dyno work done by the many magazines out there to which we subscribe. Why do our magazines not bother to put out a simple performance comparison on an identical boat as has been mentioned here earlier? Heck...I would even volunteer the use of my exhaust for them to do it...and I'm sure other guys would too for a stock motor application. C'mon somebody....get on the ball...we're tired of being victims and not having any type of real world comparisons to use to decide where our hard earned money would be best spent. Or all these manufacturers afraid of what the facts may show? Maybe such a test would cause them to actually have to spend some money in R & D....in which case they would be strongly supported financially by the customer base they would build if they had a product they could prove to be superior to the competition.......

Old 03-11-2003, 07:47 AM
rv
Registered

FormulaF302,
Maybe this will give you some insight for comparision.
http://www.arizonahotboats.com/exhaustdyno.xls
Old 03-12-2003, 07:30 AM
Registered

Was there a report written on that test?

Quick Reply: Dana Marine Flo-Torque exhaust Manifolds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.