Not as good as a modern Big Block Chevy unless supercharged

Notices

Not as good as a modern Big Block Chevy unless supercharged

Old 02-10-2003, 06:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 141 Likes on 50 Posts

Formula,
The computers don't scare me too much, there are some really good efi guys out there, you just have to find one who will work with you. I feel efi is the way to go for torque and economy, and emissions.
I've surprised some newer mustangs, especially on the highway, the speed limit/ rev limit have been removed and raised on the computer so it just keeps pulling, the spedo shuts off @ 125 and returns to 0 but the thing just keeps pulling HE HE. I don't know top speed but it's up there. Of course I have good tires, shocks,brakes,....
Old 02-11-2003, 06:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The closest thing to a computer on the Hemi is the MSD 6 Digital ignition, it was the best thing I could have done for the motor. With a 1050 dominator and no choke, I'd have to keep my foot on the throttle while cold. With the MSD I can start it up and walk away. Although I've been thinking of injecting it, ALL the funds are pouring into the Sonic right now!
The top speed on the Hemi is kind of limited right now by the 4.56 gears, I've hit 6500 on the highway not for long, but it was crazy with light torsion bars, 90/10 shocks, bias plys and drum brakes it was not something I'll do everyday.(can you say front end lift) I fugure it was around 130+/- I've done some figuring and with 5spd O.D. trannny and lower gears, I'd be at ludicrous speed of 180, probably limited by aerodynamic drag at that point and not able to reach that computer estimated speed. I'm content with it for now, at least I'll be the first one to the marina!
Old 02-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh, I get it... I was refering to the Jeep in that comment about surprising Mustangs. The performance computer does all that.

The MSD has, a start retard untill 800 rpm,two step rev limit,high rpm/nitrous retard, and dials to set rpm limits instead of "pills".
And most important a spark that you can almost weld with!

I agree about the highway thing, I've only done it once, and thats all I plan on.